Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congress scolds the airlines. Adorable.
Quote | Reply
http://www.ajc.com/business/congress-airlines-fix-customer-service-else/J4Gd1YIYFoFzDtA7JibddO/

It's my most favorite political thing. Congress drags a company into a televised meeting and show how much they care about the public by calling companies to task. So forceful. So comforting. I would just like to know about the dinners they all had together after with the agreed increase in lobbying money. Both teams play each other beautifully.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress scolds the airlines. Adorable. [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that that is over we can get back to business as usual. So true

Tibbsy wrote:
http://www.ajc.com/business/congress-airlines-fix-customer-service-else/J4Gd1YIYFoFzDtA7JibddO/

It's my most favorite political thing. Congress drags a company into a televised meeting and show how much they care about the public by calling companies to task. So forceful. So comforting. I would just like to know about the dinners they all had together after with the agreed increase in lobbying money. Both teams play each other beautifully.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, they're going to "punish" the airlines with regulations...

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually going to start a thread about it in a similar vein but then decided I was too busy. So - thanks for doing the work ;).

My thoughts were similar. What a goddamn circus this is. Do they really have nothing better to do than to schedule grandstanding sessions based on whatever play well on Yahoo.com or CNN? So we need to waste resources to take an airline to task for inconveniencing a few travelers (mostly within their contractual rights) but we're totally fine with much more egregious stuff private companies do to the population because there simply isn't enough outrage about the other stuff to make it into a televised show? Got it.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress scolds the airlines. Adorable. [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They could revisit their inquiry into doping in Major League Baseball. That investigation helped a lot of people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

And then the Republican, who is of course opposed to regulation, is threatening increased regulation because this is so important to him.

I wonder how many of the people in Congress, so outraged by this, have actually flown in economy, where these problems tend to occur.

#Airlinepassengersmatter

Quote Reply
Re: Congress scolds the airlines. Adorable. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all a grand show. Solutions don't make money.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress scolds the airlines. Adorable. [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:

Which we will all pay for.
Quote Reply
Re: Congress scolds the airlines. Adorable. [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

When it comes to flying in planes at 600 mph at 30,000 ft, I'm all for MORE regulations and not LESS! :)

On a more serious note, I talked about this whole United business to someone I know in the travel business. United did take a bit of a beating over this, but it's most likely temporary. People have short memories for this sort of thing. Many expressed "outrage" over the whole thing but when they see that Chicago to Las Vegas, United flight come out as the least expensive option, on Expedia, or where ever, they will forget all that "outrage" quickly and book United without a second thought!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: May 4, 17 12:03
Quote Reply