Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

New????[/quote]
This is the first year I've seen it. Probably because I went looking for something new for me in May. How long has this NJ Man been going?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey....i had seen on the forum about a link regarding a refund but now when i look it seems to have disappeared. I did send a few emails to what had been listed and i have not gotten any responses. Does anyone happen to know any more information?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [WHY86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sent an email (from active I think) saying to email them or they would roll the registration to next year. I just rolled it and deleted the email or I'd tell you who to email.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting back to me on this...i did get the email address from before when it was still up on slowtwitch but whenever i send emails to that email address nobody responds.....normally i would roll it to next year because i really love the race but i think next year i might do a different race that weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [WHY86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Address message requests we use: Zofignenduathlon@hotmail.com

Address at bottom of signature: KurtisN119@gmail.com

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: May 29, 17 5:21
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.....i am pretty sure i sent emails to the hotmail address listed but not the kurtisN119....i will give it a shot.....just for the record if giving refunds is a little tough for them then i would not be a jerk about it and i would try and work something out...just want to have the conversation. Thanks again.....
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone received their refund check yet?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [dosrac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dosrac wrote:
Has anyone received their refund check yet?

Nope
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried again. Still nothing. Thinking of better biz bureau complaint...
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen cancelled? [dosrac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can do - or not do - whatever you want.

The decision to cancel was out of the RD's hands.

He's pretty much gotten it in the ass w/ AmZof since he took it over as the "full-time" RD for this event - a labor of love, not for profit, since there almost never have been any.

Between the former RD pretty much allowing it to run into the ground due to neglect the prior1-2 years, to leaving large outstanding and unpaid debts, to allowing for dozens of deferrals in prior years which ='s reduced revenue for current/future years, it's been an absurdly challenging situation.

The vast majority of multisport events have a strict NO REFUNDS under any circumstances policy.
There's a reason for that - a cancellation or 2 with full refunds would put many smaller RD's out of business. Which then puts the events they produce out of business.

AmZof is cheaper than many Sprint tris, yet the various races last for 3-10+ hours, with an amazing feast and free beer afterwards.
I often spend more for taking my wife & daughter out for a nice meal.
As compared to what you'd pay for a Half or Full IM, it's an incredibly cheap outlay, relatively speaking.

I deferred.
But I would have been fine just writing it off and filing it under Shit Happens.

Tom continues to state that he intends to bring it back better than ever for next year.
I'm planning to be there. Hope to see you all there too!

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Jul 5, 17 11:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was unable to secure a deferral in a prior year (2013), but didn't really expect one given how few times that's ever an option in most races. I signed up for this year knowing full well I may not get to race, figuring this was the cheapest ticket around and I'd just consider it a donation if I couldn't participate.

I can understand being unhappy given we were told refunds were an option, but I guess I'd like to make a plea to people - just let this one go. As ML says, I'd chalk it up to shit happens and let it rest.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look, I hear you. But they laid out the options. To go completely MIA after people choose one of them doesn't seem right. If they have a problem with refunds after telling people how to get one, all they need to do is respond to the email and let him/her know what's going on etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I've got to say is that I hope people will continue to keep this great event going. I have unfinished business and I want to get back up there to take care of that...and soon.

Hate to see the cancellation this year, but knowing the small stature of this race, I'm with ML...I'd be prepared to write it off. Race entry fees are not anything to give away frivolously, for sure. But, in this case, the value of not throwing the baby out with the bathwater can't be underestimated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
I signed up for this year knowing full well I may not get to race, figuring this was the cheapest ticket around and I'd just consider it a donation if I couldn't participate.

I can understand being unhappy given we were told refunds were an option, but I guess I'd like to make a plea to people - just let this one go. As ML says, I'd chalk it up to shit happens and let it rest.

My thoughts exactly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next