Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice/Pics for your hydration and storage for a P2
Quote | Reply
I have a new Cervelo P2. There seems to be lots of options for hydration and storage. Currently, I have behind the saddle bottle and the BTA water bottle. Looking for advice on storage options for food as well as down tube hydration or storage options. If you have pics even better.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice/Pics for your hydration and storage for a P2 [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xlabs xwing will hold 2 bottles, couple tubes, co2, and inflator.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice/Pics for your hydration and storage for a P2 [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what the Cervelo engineers have to say about the most aero placement of bottles.
http://mx.cervelo.com/...nd-aerodynamics.html

I have a P2 with a Torpedo BTA and xlab duel bottle mount on the seat post.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice/Pics for your hydration and storage for a P2 [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm messing around with my Torhans aero30 - I've cut it to get it closer to the head tube, but a friend is actually working on it to get the hole fixed. I just use a specialized rib cage zip tied behind the saddle and modified a Torhans VR bottle for spares on the frame. I'll try and post a picture when I have the bottle back. All together, though, it's a pretty slick bike.

Brent

dannyweissphoto wrote:
I have a new Cervelo P2. There seems to be lots of options for hydration and storage. Currently, I have behind the saddle bottle and the BTA water bottle. Looking for advice on storage options for food as well as down tube hydration or storage options. If you have pics even better.

Thanks in advance.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hopefully this works - the bottle will be closer to the top tube but that's the gist! Hope that a) the pic works and b) it's helpful.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Advice/Pics for your hydration and storage for a P2 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you describe what you did with the VR bottle for storage? Looks like there's some tape or something to cover the gap with the seat tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another nice P2 set up (one of our customer's):

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Advice/Pics for your hydration and storage for a P2 [simonsen77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a hole into the lid, and used a washer to secure it to the water bottle screw. Then I just cut the bottle to fit the shape of the space, pretty easy. to eyeball it. The bottle fits nicely in the space, especially with the tube at the back of the storage to keep things from coming out, but that tape is just there to make sure the bottle doesn't go anywhere. I cut the bottle with a little notch in the top and it actually overlaps onto the seat tube pretty cleanly.

Hope this helps!

Brent

simonsen77 wrote:
Can you describe what you did with the VR bottle for storage? Looks like there's some tape or something to cover the gap with the seat tube.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my P2 with BTA and rear duel bottles.
https://www.flickr.com/...79@N08/shares/3T8uZ0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hydration is pretty standard - BTA bottle (going to try a Torhans Aero soon though), aero bottle (Xlab Aero TT) on the down tube, and a BTS bottle. The BTS cage is mounted to a Profile Design RM10. For equipment, I have CO2 and Fixit sticks mounted between the BTS cage and the RM10. The CO2 and inflator are mounted using the Profile Design CO2 brackets. I have a spare tube under the seat.

I'm using a bento box for snacks.

Quote Reply