Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alien: Covenant Theory
Quote | Reply
I recently saw the prologue trailer that fills in the gap between Prometheus and the upcoming Alien: Covenant. Towards the end of said prologue, there's a scene where David is looking down on the Engineer home world and we hear a line from the poem Ozymandias "Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" Based on the look on David's face, I predict he uses the "black goo" to decimate the Engineer home world but, somewhere along the line, something goes wrong and Shaw is injured. From the trailer, I've inferred that David actually cares for Shaw so I predict that David attempts to save her using the "black goo"... which David has tinkered with in the past... and he ends up turning Shaw into the alien queen.

Just my little theory :)

Quote Reply
Re: Alien: Covenant Theory [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe this can now serve as the movie review thread?

I was disappointed. I was happy that it wasn't a repeat of the original alien -- let's have a monster chase people around a space ship -- because that's been done. However, it didn't deal adequately with a lot of open issues from the Prometheus movie (at least for me). Also, it was a very weird move structurally. High profile actor dies at the beginning of the movie and then isn't even really in it. Most character development takes place on youtube videos before the movie? What's that all about?

Also these scientists fall for just about every horror movie cliche that ever existed. Whatever. Anyway, I'll respond with more detailed complaints later if some other posters inspire a rant. Otherwise, I've got too much to say and not enough time to write it. I was really hoping for a lot in this movie.
Last edited by: SH: May 22, 17 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: Alien: Covenant Theory [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suffered from one of the big issues in a lot of sci-fi prequels (star wars, star trek, etc.) .

The technology from the time in the prequel is better than the technology from the supposedly later time.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Alien: Covenant Theory [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw the movie and it was definitely a disappointment. Why can't someone write an intelligent script? Instead we get this crap which was definitely not worth the price of admission.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply