Login required to post replies

FBI translator married her ISIS target
Quote | Reply
Pretty crazy story: https://amp.cnn.com/...ia-greene/index.html

Notwithstanding her cooperation, I'm surprised she only got two years
Quote Reply
Re: FBI translator married her ISIS target [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is something fishy going on with a 2-year sentence.

Reports are that she told the terrorist (husband) that the FBI was after him. She likely tipped him off to a lot of things.
Quote Reply
Re: FBI translator married her ISIS target [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does seem like an exceptionally light sentence. I also am curious as to how she was able to return to the US after getting cold feet - I would have thought that would be very difficult get out of Syria as a white female American with ties to the FBI & married to a high level ISIS member.
Last edited by: wimsey: May 1, 17 19:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
It does seem like an exceptionally light sentence. I also am curious as to how she was able to return to the US after getting cold feet - I would have thought that would be very difficult get out of Syria as a white female American with ties to the FBI & married to a high level ISIS member.

Yeah, sooo much WTF at every turn with this whole story... Unfortunately, the meaningful details will be classified for a long time, so we'll never know the good stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, put her on a one-way trip back to her thug. Let him deal with her.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This story could be an entire season on Homeland. It would be a perfect fit for the Carrie character.
Quote Reply
Re: FBI translator married her ISIS target [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
This story could be an entire season on Homeland. It would be a perfect fit for the Carrie character.

Quote Reply