Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

World Masters Games
Quote | Reply
the World Masters Games just wrapped up here in Auckland. Any ST'ers get out for any of the events?

I gave it a miss because I'm ......too many crappy things to mention here, but it looked like a ton o' fun.

I had a number of friends medal in various sports so that was cool. Several even set PB's (in the pool) (my friend Shelley in the 45-49 category) and she used to represent NZ in the open division back in the day!

I think it's a great way to compete with your peers and yourself, as you get older. Also, it's possible (if the schedule works for you) to say, hit the pool, do a 1/2 marathon and then an Olympic Tri, all in one week. An acquaintance even got gold in the 5km open water swim for my AG and I swam (until I retired) almost exactly the same speed as him :-)

On the other side, I saw another acquaintance and I asked if he entered. He said he didn't do races that were "self selection", meaning he wanted to be selected based on his excellence, not his wallet, I guess. Seemed a bit arrogant to me, because every qualification race for every world champs is a self selection afterall.

If you came along, how'd you do?

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply