Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event!
Quote | Reply
I've never understood why people do this. Don't do it, people!

Just imagine for a second that you poured your heart into a public proposal, got told no, now you’re contemplating what happened to your life and what you’ll do now, all while an entire stadium is chanting “She said no!” over and over and over again. This is a Sisyphean torment of the utmost kind.

http://www.sbnation.com/...e-said-no?yptr=yahoo

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember the same thing happening at another huge sports event years ago. Poor sap got down on one knee and she promptly walked away on national TV. At least they didn't have youtube and the internet back then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the ones where the girl says no are staged.
Last edited by: Ken: May 1, 17 17:53
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken wrote:
I thought the ones where the girl says no are staged.

Could be. I wouldn't put it past a couple to stage a hoax for their 15 minutes of internet fame. But, I bet some are real as well.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Massholes.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Massholes.

They're a special breed out here.

Last edited by: wimsey: May 1, 17 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was one from an avalanche game a couple years ago. The guy proposed and then managed to drop the ring it took them a good period and a half to finally find it.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a Falcons fan... but I love that guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if you knew she was going to say yes, why the hell would you want to take this intimate, life defining moment and share it with thousands of people who don't even know you?

I will never understand attention whores.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a strong suspicion that a large percentage of those women who do actually say yes on camera do so out of embarrassment and shock. Once the cameras stop rolling, I bet they rip into the guy and then try to cram the ring down his throat.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with this. I'd like to know what the conversion rate is, so to speak - how many "yeses' to the Jumbotron actually end up as marriages.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Don't propose at a sporting event! [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
I have a strong suspicion that a large percentage of those women who do actually say yes on camera do so out of embarrassment and shock. Once the cameras stop rolling, I bet they rip into the guy and then try to cram the ring down his throat.

No question! Wifey and I were just talking about this. I am certain there are some guys who do this expecting she will say yes b/c of the spotlight. It's a total dick move.

Quote Reply