Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interior Knee Pain
Quote | Reply
So I'll start with I HAVE made an appointment with DR. I just can't get in for a few days so I am looking for some experienced advice. Most forum topics, or even online suggestions seem to focus on anterior pain. 2 weeks ago I ran 9 miles which was a little long but have gone 6-7 several times in one run in the previous couple of weeks. Woke up the next day with a little tweak in my knee. Monday took the day off and then Tuesday bought a knee brace and tried to spin and swim that week. Not a ton of work, but didnt want to let my fitness completely go. I did a 5k in the knee brace this weekend( I know stupid) but I have a pretty big deal to me Olympic coming up on Saturday. I have resolved that my fitness won't improve that much this week so I am waiting until the Dr. appointment or the pain to stop before I train again but anticipate doing the race this weekend. I have poor habits as they relate to stretching and rest usually, but I am really trying to focus on ibuprofen, ice, and elevation to get this thing healed by this weekend. I am hoping that the pain is related to under-stretching my calves and quads and the ligaments are just pulling at my knee. Anyone else had interior knee pain they've been able to "rest away"? And if so what stretches, or creams etc were most beneficial? Or should I anticipate the worst and chalk this up to some kind of MCL problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Knee Pain [tristartriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My prognosis is----
Doesn't heal on its own.
Doc gets X-ray, no help, then an MRI.
Meniscus tear. Arthroscopy. Good to go a month or so after that.

Real advice- never listen to medical advice from us. Even a doc here would want a lot more info than you gave us.

Your situation just sounds like my situation a couple of months ago.
Best of luck with it! Hoping rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory works.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same thing, mild to moderate, will probably eventually get a physical therapy referral for it. My best guess is tight groin/inner thigh is pulling on the inside of the knee, that's what it feels like, anyway. Mine's been bugging me for weeks, I've eased off running for as much as 4-5 days, but it doesn't clear it up. Also not getting worse, and gets a lot better once I've warmed up a mile or two into my run, though sometimes has me limping a little the next day.

Edit: I mean side of knee where it faces other knee, not deep inside knee. Rereading yours, I'm actually not sure which you mean.
Last edited by: niccolo: May 1, 17 21:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll start that I totally agree with Karl, that I’m just sharing thoughts out of my personal experiences and english is not my first language.

Since my left knee has been the weakest point from teen age on I learned some in general to go with riding up to 30h/week. Not to stop any acute pain in a week ore two (therefore I went to a doctor who knew about road racing and loved it, too), but to prevent overload for the years to come.

Bones & joints adopt slower than cords and cords slower than muscles, but they all do by time.

Physiotherapy and specific strenght training to make the musculoskeletal system more resilient helps. This strenght training is medical and has nothing to do with tournament training.

Nutrition supplements for specific needs can help the body to build up his resilience. They are no big mystery and work by time. That’s why it’s important they shouldn’t come with adverse effects and in worst case just go away by doing nothing. For my joints and bones WobEnzym was and MSM is helpfull time by time before and during intervall training periods.

All the best!

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: May 2, 17 0:01
Quote Reply
Re: Interior Knee Pain [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I also mean the interior side of the knee as it relates to my other knee so the outer edge. After doing some mobility exercises at the Dr. this morning he mentioned a meniscus tear or a stress related injury. I can have an MRI to rule out the Meniscus, or go 3 weeks with almost no running, heavy biking and swimming along with weight training and see if the stress heals on its own. I think I am going that route as hitting my deductible will mean less equipment I can buy this year. Hopefully it starts to feel better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you've not already got a foam roller & trigger point ball it's well worth giving them a go (get hard ones).

Don't roll on the knee, but get all up on the quads, hamstrings, glute & hips. Two or three times a day.

Honestly I used to think foam-rolling was a pointless waste of time, but after a couple of injuries it's now my go-to prevention & cure (along with seeing a physio)
Quote Reply