Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920xt glitch, turns activity tracking on when a workout is synced
Quote | Reply
For about the past month, my Garmin 920xt has developed a weird glitch. I don't use activity tracking, but anytime I upload a workout (manually over automatically, both over home wifi network), it turns activity tracking on. And then it buzzes at me to move if the watch sits still for a while. So I keep having to go into the menu to turn it off. I reset the defaults at Garmin's suggestion, but the problem recurred. Garmin has no further suggestions to offer, except to replace the hardware. I can't imagine it's anything except a software problem, presumably from the most recent update (version 9.20, coincidentally). My watch was recently replaced under warranty due to the altimeter failing (presumably from salt from ocean swims building up in the sensor), and the replacement is out of its short warranty period. Anyone else experiencing this or have any words of wisdom to offer?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt glitch, turns activity tracking on when a workout is synced [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am experiencing the same issue. No words of wisdom though. Garmin support in general is less than stellar
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt glitch, turns activity tracking on when a workout is synced [cjhigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjhigh wrote:
I am experiencing the same issue. No words of wisdom though. Garmin support in general is less than stellar

I figure it must be software update 9.20 (maybe the fact that the software update matched the model number was a jinx?). Hopefully they fix it with the next software update, though who knows when that's likely (will there be further updates on an old model like this?).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt glitch, turns activity tracking on when a workout is synced [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I was going crazy!
I am not happy you are having the same problem as me...but man, every single time I use it I would see the activity tracking on. I would shut it off and go back to whatever workout I was doing and the next time it would be on again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go into Garmin Connect online and check the setting there - Activity Tracking, Devices, Device Settings. Settings on Garmin Connect online will usually override similar settings on the watch.

It's not a bug with the software.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt glitch, turns activity tracking on when a workout is synced [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
Go into Garmin Connect online and check the setting there - Activity Tracking, Devices, Device Settings. Settings on Garmin Connect online will usually override similar settings on the watch.

That sounds promising--will do and report back on whether it fixes things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
PhilipShambrook wrote:

That sounds promising--will do and report back on whether it fixes things.

Appears to have fixed it, thanks!

I specifically told Garmin it happened when I was syncing the watch, can't believe their only suggestions were restoring defaults and replacing the watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to hear.

Sometimes I do wonder about support staff. Not just Garmin's. Had some recent fun with Apple too. Can't always get to speak to someone who knows more than the scripted replies they have in front of them.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply