Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers*
Quote | Reply
I know there are a few Supercross fans on the forum. Did anybody catch Saturday afternoon's race in New Jersey? Some thoughts:

1. That course was brutal - hard to get a rhythm, constantly changing, and causing riders to screw up. A lot. I like it, from a spectator perspective.

2. Was Musquin's last-lap bobble legit or team orders?

3. It blows my mind that one guy can win over half of the races in a season, yet now loses the points lead with one race to go.

4. Savatgy really messed up his re-entry during the 250SX main, and I was surprised the guys in the booth didn't say anything (especially since someone else did something similar earlier in the evening, but made the effort to complete the course). I see that he got docked 5 positions for it, which has cost him the red plate.

5. There were some really nasty looking spills in the heats and semis. Guys crossing the ruts and broadsiding each other, hooking pegs, etc. Was it Tedder and Enticknap who got hooked together and ended up in the LCQ because one guy's legs were tangled up in both bikes at the bottom of the finish line jump?

Some crazy stuff leading into Las Vegas!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was crazy indeed! Never enjoyed the semi's and lcq's that much before. The track was crazy tuff and technical. Was definatly a Dungey track imo. I dont care what Musquin said, he let Dungey by ! I have yet to see tomac shine on a slow, tight ,slick technical track, but i didnt expect him to fall apart like that. I guess like Ricky says, " the weight of the red plate". Lots of take outs but I think that move on Malcom by Grant was bad enough for a fine at least and Catanzaro won for bone headed move of the night.
Thanks to savatchy cutting the track , its a 3way tie in points between him , Jordan and Ozborn.
Vegas is gonna be fun . Finally a battle for the title gets down to the wire!
Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MM is a great actor...im sure that pit board read : LET 1 BY

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, the Malcolm/Grant thing - forgot that one! Did Grant get in any trouble for that?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
absolutely KTM team orders, there was no imbalance, losing the front, anything on MM corner where Dungey got by.

Josh Grant used to be a hot head and proved he's still a hot head with acting the fool... Yes it looks like Malcom closed the door on him through the rhythm section, but he should've retaliated later on in the race with something a little more subtle. They were still in good positions at that point and it was so blatant. Best part was Grant dumping the bike on the side of the track in the sand
Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ErnieK wrote:
absolutely KTM team orders, there was no imbalance, losing the front, anything on MM corner where Dungey got by.

Josh Grant used to be a hot head and proved he's still a hot head with acting the fool... Yes it looks like Malcom closed the door on him through the rhythm section, but he should've retaliated later on in the race with something a little more subtle. They were still in good positions at that point and it was so blatant. Best part was Grant dumping the bike on the side of the track in the sand

I think Malcom just cross rutted the rhythm and got a little close to Grant but reguardless , he literally almost went at malcom head on in the turn. I agree it looked totally blatant. If you hit someone hard enough to take yourself out , thats pretty dirty.
Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
I think Malcom just cross rutted the rhythm and got a little close to Grant but reguardless , he literally almost went at malcom head on in the turn. I agree it looked totally blatant. If you hit someone hard enough to take yourself out , thats pretty dirty.

Malcolm has some moments of brilliance, but he seems to make a lot of mistakes. I'm certainly no expert in this stuff, but he doesn't seem to be a finesse rider - a little like Jason Anderson - where they're fun to watch, but I'm not sure I would want to share a track with them. I thought the same thing you did - it just looked like he got crossed up in the rhythm a bit and took Grant's line. In my opinion, Grant way overreacted, and he deserved at least a warning.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring on the outdoors. While I like SX and I'm a Tomac fan after this past weekend I'm ready for outdoors. Tracked sucked, weekend sucked, KTM sucks, but I'd like to see Grant do the same move on Dungey this weekend.

On a side note, got a new bike this weekend and hopefully he lets his dad take a turn!! 2017 KTM 250 SX-F

Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Total aside. Does anyone known if ktm run a parallel sales line on mx and enduro bikes to stock in the same way they do on rally

So, rally bikes 450 exc is vastly diff from 450 rfr; longer swing arm, construction, looms etc

Do they do the same on mx / exc? I don't think so, but am not sure. I think teams switch to cone valve, remap etc

Anyone know?
Quote Reply
Re: Supercross @ East Rutherford, NJ on 4/29/2017 - *spoilers* [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
Bring on the outdoors. While I like SX and I'm a Tomac fan after this past weekend I'm ready for outdoors. Tracked sucked, weekend sucked, KTM sucks, but I'd like to see Grant do the same move on Dungey this weekend.

On a side note, got a new bike this weekend and hopefully he lets his dad take a turn!! 2017 KTM 250 SX-F

Thats a sweet ride!
My son got to race one of those this weekend . He was at a pro am in walnut illinois , muddy mess, broke his clutch lever off on his 450 but was able to borrow a 17 ktm250 from a kid he's training. Raced prosport class on it.
Got a dead last start but worked up to 8th place. Said the bike carved the mud like riding a pit bike in the back yard. Loved it! Says it feels lighter than a 125 2t.
Nothin beats a freshy new bike! Clean the crap grease of that chain and get your boy a jacket with some ktm colors!
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: May 2, 17 12:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sunset Ridge Area Qualifier. I heard it was muddy.

The new 17' KTM is an awesome bike. Light weight and 44HP, 4 more than Yamaha and Kawi - we wont' discuss Honda or Suzuki.

He still has a KTM 125 that will remain his main bike for this year and next - he races Schoolboy 1 and 125 14+ which only allows 125 2 strokes. He races the 125 in 250C and still beats the majority of the field but that is C class.

Once we get the chain clean, new spring in the rear, and an hour or two on the bike, then he can begin racing in 250C and Schoolboy 2.

I was in no real hurry to move him to a 250F but I sold my 450 and his super mini, so I only had to put out a few bucks. His cousin races pro on the 250 and it's a sweet bike but he has the A-Kit suspension on his. The 17' has really improved the front fork and it's much easier to adjust - like a mountain bike fork - air on one side.

Now I need to get home an put on new graphics, which takes me a few beers and two or more nights until my patience runs out. I've gotten much better at getting them on but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to graphics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol! Have fun trying to get him to ride the 125 again once puts some laps on the new bike.
It's like trying to get him to finish supermini once he swings a leg over the 125.
And yes that area was muddy and freezing compared to what were used to here in south Florida .
He's got another pro am in Casey , IL this coming weekend before he comes home. I think it's another LLc too.He likes that track so hopefully the weather will be better and he can score a good chunk of points.
Enjoy the graphics install and remember the hair drier is your friend stretching those baby's on them funky Ktm number plates!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh hairdryer (don't tell wife) and I use some type of windex without ammonia. Spray that stuff on, then decal, squeegee, then hairdryer. Probably have 20 decals per bike and I have two bikes to do. No wonder I don't get to train as much as in the past. The shop gives me new graphics so I can't complain too much.
Quote Reply