Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two week vacation
Quote | Reply

Planning on taking a full two weeks off any training. Maybe a jog here or there. How much fitness will I really lose?

Primary concern is the swim/bike fitness loss on what I have gained in the last 4 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Two week vacation [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get creative. Use body weight exercises & pack some stretch cordz. You can do that before a shower in the A.M. A series of core work & even skipping & plyometrics can help stave off the lull in training. Vacation doesn't have to mean eating junk & drinking all the time. You can have fun, eat well & get some moderate exercise to maintain. Hit a gym a couple times if you can.
Quote Reply
Re: Two week vacation [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, when I've had to take close to two weeks off (injuries / travel / work, etc), I've found that swimming is the first to drop and needing the most attention to bring back followed by running. It really depends though on what you plan to do in those two weeks - hiking vs hanging around the house watching a bunch of Netflix :-D! My ADD starts to drive me crazy if I don't do anything though, so even if you can go on a long walk that's better than a total break.

If the break is to help with burn-out / exhaustion though, by all means take it and enjoy the time. I've had those breaks during the year and the loss is easily re-gained once you break out of that bad spot.

If the break is travel related, one thing to keep in mind is that most gyms within the US will allow you to pay a one-day fee without a membership. Some will even sell a one-week membership.
Last edited by: daswafford: May 1, 17 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: Two week vacation [daswafford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Breaks are nice!!!
Quote Reply