Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OWS Lubbock, Texas (Buffalo Springs)
Quote | Reply
I will be in Lubbock this weekend (Fri/Sat) and would like to swim where BS70.3 will be (I will also be riding and running). Does anyone know of a group that swims on the weekends, not a fan of OWS alone. Anyone in the area want to meet up and train? I am aware there is a Sprint Tri there Sunday, but will not be able to stay through the weekend.
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: May 1, 17 8:40
Quote Reply
Re: OWS Lubbock, Texas (Buffalo Springs) [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up in Lubbock and go back there for BSLT almost every year. I don't think there is an OWS group there. You can go check out the lake, but I wouldn't advise swimming much farther than the beach area on your own. There are a lot of drunk boaters out there and it's not a very big lake.
Quote Reply
Re: OWS Lubbock, Texas (Buffalo Springs) [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
I grew up in Lubbock and go back there for BSLT almost every year. I don't think there is an OWS group there. You can go check out the lake, but I wouldn't advise swimming much farther than the beach area on your own. There are a lot of drunk boaters out there and it's not a very big lake.

Thanks...actually found a fellow ST'r who lives there and will be meeting them for a swim. Several people have reached out and warned me about the crazy boaters....thank for the heads up.
Quote Reply
Re: OWS Lubbock, Texas (Buffalo Springs) [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it rains beforehand do please stay out of the water. Collegiate nationals was held there in 2009 or so. It rained a couple inches the day before and about a third of those who swam got sick. If i recall about half of the sick people required hospitalization.
Quote Reply