Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My First Race with a Dimond

Today I raced In European Duathlon Championships (40-44 AG) with a Dimond Brilliant Frame (bought)

My N=1, not trying to persuade anyone * **

I didn´t feel comfortable reading about safety doubts altough altough I didn´t experience any problems in my first 1.000 miles training on it (purchased in february) , but after reading all the responses my thoughts were that it´s a private question that shouldn´t affect adversily in my confidence,

After the first Ten Km I started to hammer the pedals, forgetting everything about the bike, but the legs. We raced in a storm, 35 mph guts, raining cats and dogs, not very good concrete, rolling hills with headwind at 400w and soft downhills with tail winds reaching 50mph at 0W. Finally I scored the best bike split (all the Age Groups) at 282W (pnorm) and I only remembered that the Dimond is a different bike when I picked up from boxes.

*as usual, sorry for my english, don´t want to be rude or unpolite

**My experience; triathlete since 1990. 5 x Kona, 9h08 PB (Vichy 2015), Bike Tech Editor in Finisher Triatlon Magazine (2003-2014) and BTE in Revista Triatlon (since 2016). Any commercial relationship with Dimond

Re: My First Race with a Dimond [luarca] [ In reply to ]

I have owned a Dimond for two years and have never felt unsafe. When first getting my frame I built it up with enough time to ride 6km down the road before having to pack it to fly from Australia to France to train with my coach for three weeks. I wish I could bottle that first sensation of riding the Dimond and the plush ride it gives. I was looking for rough surfaces to run over because of how amazing it felt.

On the last week we went to the Pyrenees and I descended Tourmalet four times in three days including climbing it three times as well as multiple other HC cols in the area. Did I feel unsafe? Shit yeah but anyone descending Tourmalet feels unsafe and it did considering as I was on a new bike with no connection from the seat to the back wheel was in my head the whole time but then again I would have been unsafe on any bike. The bike performed flawlessly and has done up until this day. Such a happy customer that my new Marquise should arrive in the next week or so...

If this makes me part of the 'Dimond Mafia' (happy Dimond customer) then I am happy to be a part of it...

https://rustersports.com/dimond-of-the-month/

Re: My First Race with a Dimond [luarca] [ In reply to ]

Congrats on your 3rd place Jaime, conditions were far from comfortable today.

Didn't read yor review of the bike, but obviously it has to be good since you are racing on it...

Sr. Salitre