Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Disappoing Bike Performance Mystery [KWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KWTri wrote:
I'm reading this post and thinking, "Hey I just bought one of those, and if it's at least as good as a Tririg, it's pretty good."

Then I look at the OP and see it's the same guy who just sold me the Felt bar.

so ... are you going to need your Aerobar back?
Haha... you can be pretty confident that the Bayonet is very fast. Once I figured out what I did wrong in the race this weekend, I can crop and normalize the two rides. I rode nearly exactly the same twice on the same course. The Bayonet 3 is pretty much right on par with the Tririg.
Quote Reply
Re: Disappoing Bike Performance Mystery [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's worry less about where you lost this specific time, and where you are going to be once you figure out what to do about your fit.

There are 2mph on the table, minimum. That win, while within your grasp currently should be cake once you get the position sorted.

I'm a bit lighter than you, and push 24mph on 225w NP (wheel power tap) all day. Easily over 22 on my roady also.
Quote Reply
Re: Disappoing Bike Performance Mystery [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
As others have said too many variables, especially in a sprint. Even a very light wind can make a difference. I've ridden into a headwind that I didn't know existed until I turned around. Leaves on the trees weren't even moving, yet when I turned around my speed increased and power went down. Also with the sprints I find my bike times vary depending on what wave I'm in, if it's busy out there, lots of legal drafting, if I'm first wave, I'm by myself. I always use the run as a marker as to how fit I am. If that was way out, that would have me worried, not the bike.

Yeah I've done a few Olympics on multi lap courses and while my power stays roughly the same I'm slower on the second lap. I put that down purely to drafting and overtaking on first lap and settling into a empty piece of road as i get into the second lap. Usually once all the uber bikers have passed me i can end up riding fairly solo and notice about a 1kph drop off.
Quote Reply
Re: Disappoing Bike Performance Mystery [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
Let's worry less about where you lost this specific time, and where you are going to be once you figure out what to do about your fit.
That is on the table for early summer. The mystery of my power-to-speed has been on my list since a couple races late last year after I got my PM. I am planning to record my position and post it here after my spring race. That will give me time to tweak get used to something different before my fall HIM.

This was a huge learning also, because it brought to light the significance that poor execution can have on a race, independently of anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
simple things!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you draft last year. Intentionally or not (riding up to people and passing people)?
Quote Reply
Re: Disappoing Bike Performance Mystery [thisgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I figured it out... I was about 45 seconds slower on the 1/2 mile road out of the park. That was the entire difference in the ride. After that, I tracked myself very consistently for the rest of the way. Strava's handy segment comparison tool painted a pretty vivid picture.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6295807#p6295807
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you got sued before the race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
What is left that I have not accounted for?

physics

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next