Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Running Shorts [krez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krez wrote:
They are all basically the same at this point.

the difference - for me anyway - is in the pockets. i like having a little zipper pocket, helps enormously.
right now i've got a bunch of pairs of nike shorts - don't know the name of hte model, but they've been by far hte best deal i've seen, even if some other shorts would be just as good. they've got an outer zipper pocket that i'll put money and ID in, and an inner key pocket. they've also got a couple of front pockets like as if they were a pair of chinos or something, which i find useful on occasion if a bit odd.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Running Shorts [ghostofthecoast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ghostofthecoast wrote:
I'm more so a ultra runner than a tri guy. The Northface better than naked is hands down the best shorts ever, well at least to me. They have a liner and zip pocket.

Have you seen the newest model? I picked one up a month ago...still have the rear zip, but now along the waistband its double walled with a mesh outside an pocketed. I can put geels, salt tabs, chapstick in there and you never feel it. Awesome long run shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Running Shorts [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
aj``` wrote:
Big fan of Ranger panties here.
Free to roam, but with just the right amount of cradling.

They're not for everyone. And they shouldn't be for me. But that won't stop me. ;)

Super soft and cheap. Available in plenty of obnoxious colors. I like em too!

I've tried to figure out a way to describe why I like wearing them....apart from the comfort.

You've nailed it. "obnoxious". I don't mind being a little obnoxious as long as I'm not pretentious.
They are obnoxious, yet not pretentious....like going for a 3 mile regular ol' run in a tri-suit or something.

Of course, "nauseating" could be used too, when I wear them. I'm old. And while I lost 100 lbs a couple years ago, I'm not exactly the leanest guy you'll ever see. Pretty good for a 45+ year old who used to weigh over 300, but still. Guys like me shouldn't be wearing shorts like those. I'd rather be a Ranger panty wearer than a MAMIL.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Running Shorts [Scottyren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottyren wrote:
I prefer brief liners, preferably five inch or seven inch. I like the zipper pocket on the rear of the shorts.

Sounds like the ones I get at Target - $20

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next