Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt F35 for 2004
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any info or opinions on the 2004 Felt F35? I am looking for a training bike in the $2k range and this seems to fit, but why is it so cheap? Dura-Ace 18 speed shifters and derailleurs, FSA Carbon Pro cranks, and Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels all for $1700.

How does felt do this?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F35 for 2004 [ecb304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one awesome package. The guys at Felt hit upon Shimano's need to continue to produce Dura Ace 9 speed to cover their 3 year warranty and couple that with FSA's crank that they use on many of their bikes. I'm amazed that you found one for $1700, that bike retails for over $2100.

Jump on it! or rather, what shop is it at...?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, put it this way ecb304, the guys who work here who buy bikes for a living, they bough F35's for themselves. That says a lot.

When a guy buys 500-1000 bikes a year and has been in the industry for 15-20 years he knows how to spot a bargain.

It looks like you do too.... :)

F35s area a steal, a "best buy" in 2004.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F35 for 2004 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

I appreciate the reply. I also appreciate your website, thanks for what you are doing for our sport.

I found this price($1693) on the website for a reputable local tri shop. (I saw this because Dan speaks highly of them on this site and I have had good dealings with them when buying my P3) Anyway, is it too cheap, as in mispriced? I only ask because I found it online yesterday and they are closed till tomorrow.

Again thanks for all your doing and have a good '04,

Ed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, well, I just looked up the "Minimum Promotional Retail" price suggested to dealers from Felt off the current 2004 price list. It says the F35 should be $2089.00 "minimum".

Now, in fairness to Felt, other Felt dealers and honoring the terms of my dealer agreement with Felt, I am not going to divulge the wholesale cost published on this list in front of me.

However, let me say this, The price you quoted is very, very fair. As a matter of fact, I'd be at their door first thing tomorrow morning if the dealer has your size in stock at that price. It is not "too cheap", that is for the dealer to decide himself in my opinion, although Felt may not share my opinion on that matter.

However, if you had good experiences with the dealer previously (a very good sign) and they will extend you that price heck, I'd seriously consider it. Once they cash you out, thanks them for a good deal and bring them some coffee!

Also, thank you for your kind words about our site. I appreciate it.

All our best in 2004 my friend.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1694? That is the retail price for the F45, the Ultegra bike. Still with Dura Ace derailleur. Again if you can score a 35 for $1700, buy it. There was one that sold used on eBay for $1550 not too long ago. As Tom mentioned $2100 is the minimum retail, published retail is even higher, and honestly should be. Look at a Trek 2300 or a C-Dale R2000, Felt smokes those bikes on the components and the complete package.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F35 for 2004 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again, thanks for your post. Super Dave too.

I went to the shop today and it's selling at $1695. They only had a 56 so they're ordering me a 54.

Haven't road it, but if I get it I have a question.

I have a '03 P3 with Ultegra and Kysrium elites. If I get the F35 I am going to change out it's Dur Ace to the P3. I am going to credit the F35's elite's towards race wheels for the P3. What should I get? As reference I am 5'11, 155lbs. I am racing IM Florida in '04 and IM Moo and Florida in '05 as well as a bunch on Midwest Olyp and Half IM races. Otherwise rolling hills at worst. I was thinking a a Hed 3 back and Alps front or just alps or Jet60 rear/40 front or maybe something by Rolf. I have narrowed it done to these so help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Ed
Quote Reply