Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Great new image from space
Quote | Reply
This new image released by NASA of Earth and the moon was taken from the spacecraft Cassini. It has Saturn rings in the foreground.

Quote Reply
Re: Great new image from space [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
This new image released by NASA of Earth and the moon was taken from the spacecraft Cassini. It has Saturn rings in the foreground.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awesome. But for a while I though that there were just two dots under the window shade and I was looking for the rings. Duh.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Great new image from space [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YW. Consider ourselves one of the first humans to enjoy that view!

It is almost as good as this one:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome. Since you like it, you should follow the Space sub forum on Reddit. Heaps of cool, inspiring images are posted there.

https://www.reddit.com/...ZLE6&sh=c132a9c0

zed707 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a general interest online astronomy course last year to learn a lot more about this stuff. Its given me a much greater appreciation of outer space, but I must admit I'd have no idea what this photos was if you hadn't told us.
Quote Reply
Re: Great new image from space [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that because Cuba banned all knowledge of Saturn in its courses since its rings are seen as too bourgeoisie in comparison to the other planets? </pink>

cerveloguy wrote:
I took a general interest online astronomy course last year to learn a lot more about this stuff....but I must admit I'd have no idea what this photos was if you hadn't told us.
Quote Reply
Re: Great new image from space [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Is that because Cuba banned all knowledge of Saturn in its courses since its rings are seen as too bourgeoisie in comparison to the other planets? </pink>

cerveloguy wrote:
I took a general interest online astronomy course last year to learn a lot more about this stuff....but I must admit I'd have no idea what this photos was if you hadn't told us.

Oh, OK windy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tease. Apparently Saturday night is my time for stupid dad humor (or humour).

I'd actually love to visit Cuba before obese Americans take it over & ruin its older world charm.

cerveloguy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

cerveloguy wrote:

Oh, OK windy.
Quote Reply
Re: Great new image from space [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

I'd actually love to visit Cuba before obese Americans take it over & ruin its older world charm.
[/quote]
I get it, but can't figure out what this has do to with Saturn's rings.:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just because every time you post someone has to give you shit about Cuba, so I figured I'd throw an elbow in jest.

cerveloguy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

I get it, but can't figure out what this has do to with Saturn's rings.:-)[/quote]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I took a general interest online astronomy course last year to learn a lot more about this stuff. Its given me a much greater appreciation of outer space, but I must admit I'd have no idea what this photos was if you hadn't told us.

You'd have to follow space news right now. The probe they have been talking non stop about is this one because it just took the closest pictures of saturns atmosphere ever a couple days ago.

That and it's the only plantent that has that big of rings and as well defined. My dad got me a telescope for Christmas last year and saw Saturn and the rings for the first time a month or so ago really cool. We just ordered a larger telescope but haven't got up early enough for Saturn again yet. telescopes are super cheap now. If you are in the middle of the city I'd really recommend getting one.
Quote Reply