Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt)
Quote | Reply
Does someone have something better than the PowerTap application?
I'm particularly interested in right/left balance and pedaling dynamics.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt) [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoldenCheetah

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt) [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that, Alex.

I seem to need to download each individual .fit file from Garmin Connect then import it into GC. So, buying a Joule is necessary if you want to just download the data from a head unit?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt) [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A head unit of some type would probably be the most convenient option. If you are riding indoors TrainerRoad or Zwift will capture the .fit file too but will omit a few things like the l/r balance or the cycling dynamics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Robert wrote:
Thanks for that, Alex.

I seem to need to download each individual .fit file from Garmin Connect then import it into GC. So, buying a Joule is necessary if you want to just download the data from a head unit?

-Robert

Not sure how familiar you are with python, but you can write a script to do the export for you, and just loop your activities. It just mimics the export request you make when clicking the buttons.

There's an example here:

https://github.com/kjkjava/garmin-connect-export/blob/master/README.md

I took this and made some changes, it worked fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt) [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The current development build of GoldenCheetah also syncs with Strava, so if you have that linked it will be much easier. You can set it up to check and download new rides at startup.

https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/v3.5-DEV1705X
Quote Reply
Re: Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt) [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but that's what I need. I just found out my left left is stronger than my right. I was born lefty but converted to righty because of my grandmothers early influence. I checked my quad size yesterday and my left quad is almost half inch bigger. I don't know if I can do anything about it at my age. I suss that pedalling dynamics and fixes may be poorly understood. And these pedals are sold based upon the promise of left/ right data but w/o the software analytics.
Thanks for your response.

Quote Reply
Re: Best software, currently, for analyzing PowerTap P1 pedal data (using 920xt) [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I wrote something very similar about a year ago. Wish I would have bothered to google this before spending 3 days getting it to work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WKO4 offers more options for analyzing data from P1 pedals than anything else.
Quote Reply