Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Windows 10 Sudden Slow Down
Quote | Reply
Anyone else's machine turned in to a turtle recently. It keeps saying it has something big to install and I keep ignoring it and my computer is starting to take a giant dump. I wonder if it is Microsoft's way to force me to install.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Windows 10 Sudden Slow Down [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Anyone else's machine turned in to a turtle recently. It keeps saying it has something big to install and I keep ignoring it and my computer is starting to take a giant dump. I wonder if it is Microsoft's way to force me to install.

"Dr. my arm hurts when I do this" *moves arm back and forth"

"Well... don't do that"

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Really fricking annoying.

I turn the computer on because I have something to do and the time to do it - except that the computer is non-useable for the first ten minutes because it's off in la-la land doing whatever.

I do not like the automatic Windows 10 update feature. Poor implementation.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Windows 10 Sudden Slow Down [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:

I turn the computer on because I have something to do and the time to do it - except that the computer is non-useable for the first ten minutes because it's off in la-la land doing whatever.

Pretty sure you can turn it off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

What processes and applications are running? Have you rebooted?
Quote Reply
Re: Windows 10 Sudden Slow Down [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
ttocsmi wrote:

Pretty sure you can turn it off.

You can go in and change the settings to tell W10 that you are on a "metered connection". If you do that W10 will ask before downloading updates. It's about the only way I know of to stop W10 from automatically downloading updates and hogging bandwidth.

https://www.howtogeek.com/226722/how-when-and-why-to-set-a-connection-as-metered-on-windows-10/
Quote Reply
Re: Windows 10 Sudden Slow Down [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I have a ton of processes running and apps but haven't had these issues in the past and nothing new. It seems like it happened since I started getting the notifications about these new "creative suite update".

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
windywave wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I have a ton of processes running and apps but haven't had these issues in the past and nothing new. It seems like it happened since I started getting the notifications about these new "creative suite update".

Have you done a Mal ware scan? It could also be your Antivirus acting up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a free program named CCleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

It has a tool that will shows you what programs startup at boot. You can then decide what really needs to be on or off with a mouse click. Install it and try it. I have used it and the other features on it for years.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
It seems like it happened since I started getting the notifications about these new "creative suite update".

Only because The Register has the best headline for it:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/26/stop_downloading_win10_creators_update/

Quote:
Don't install our buggy Windows 10 Creators Update, begs Microsoft
We'll give it to you when it's ready – and it is not

But, if M$ have figured your device is ready and it's prompting you to install, you'll be caching a truckload of data waiting for you to click YES like a good boy.
Quote Reply