Frye Festival
Quote | Reply
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...12000-tickets-turns/

Lalapalooza meets the Hunger Games. . . . I giggled at this
Quote Reply
Re: Frye Festival [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I heard about this.

it's like one of those shitty Xmas experience parks with half dead reindeer and bad santas, but for the uber rich and instagram crowd.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why anyone would trust a washed up hip hop artist to run a festival in another country is beyond me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This made me laugh:

" ...an elite concert event on a deserted island in the Bahamas with tickets priced up to $12,000 has quickly turned into a terrifying B-movie, with flocks of Instagram models forced to seek shelter in an airport after arriving to discover a lack of food, violent locals, appalling accommodation and feral dogs roaming the grounds."

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Frye Festival [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It's just too easy.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#dumpsterfyre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that what's being lost is that there are legit victims in all of this. It's easy to make fun of the milennials involved. So, so easy. And fun. But I digress.

On Reddit an attendee did an AMA where he stated that he paid $750 for tickets to a 9 day festival which included transportation from Miami and food. Plus he could pay off the $750 over a period of 6 months, interest free. To him, it was a beach vacation for 9 days at a good value. Also, concerts.

Instead, he had the same experience as everyone else. If it was all people who paid $4k plus to attend I'd have no sympathy for them but some are just average people who got taken advantage of in what is clearly a blatant fraud.
Quote Reply
Re: Frye Festival [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the story I read it seems like the thing was fraudulent from top to bottom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm of two minds. agreed that definitely a lot of people got sold a bill of goods through no fault of their own, and they deserve to be made whole again.

on the other hand, most of them really didn't help their own case with their hilariously over-the-top reactions and incessant twitter/instagram documenting of "hell on earth." a whole lot of them seemed desperately in need of some serious perspective, and if this crappy festival is the worst thing that ever happens to them, they'll have had insanely charmed lives.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
I think that what's being lost is that there are legit victims in all of this. It's easy to make fun of the milennials involved. So, so easy. And fun. But I digress.

On Reddit an attendee did an AMA where he stated that he paid $750 for tickets to a 9 day festival which included transportation from Miami and food. Plus he could pay off the $750 over a period of 6 months, interest free. To him, it was a beach vacation for 9 days at a good value. Also, concerts.

Instead, he had the same experience as everyone else. If it was all people who paid $4k plus to attend I'd have no sympathy for them but some are just average people who got taken advantage of in what is clearly a blatant fraud.

9 day all inclusive vacation plus transportation and a music festival for 750 didn't raise a red flag?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently not....

https://www.reddit.com/r/fyrefestival/comments/68f9b0/im_a_35_yo_fyre_festival_attendee_ama/

From the AMA:

"We signed up ~12 hours after it was first announced. At that time, there was no information about music/artists, and I don't recall Ja Rule's name being used prominently. If it was, that shows how much weight we gave his name.

When we bought our tickets, it was $750 each for "private plane flights to/from a private island, food & lodging included". We decided to do this as our vacation, and considering everything that was included, it was a great deal. They also allowed the tickets to be paid over six months for free.

The non-discounted price made sense for what was included, so there was no feeling of "it's too cheap to be true". We figured if it was terrible or didn't match the marketing, we could file a credit card dispute. No one expected the organizers to create a dangerous situation."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was it a scam all along? People are crunching the numbers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fyrefestival/comments/68pvol/proving_fyre_festival_was_a_scam_from_the_get_go/
Quote Reply
Re: Frye Festival [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Mike Drucker tweet is gold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The entire thing is just bizarre...and a little funny. I don't think many people will actually see refunds. I'm guessing the company declares bankruptcy. Someone already filled a $100m lawsuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

9 day all inclusive vacation plus transportation and a music festival for 750 didn't raise a red flag?

Yeah, sorry, but if you are dumb enough to believe 9 days on a private island with flights, lodging and food, you are a fool. And you know what they say about fools and their money...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read about Fyre Festival but where was the Frye Festival?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Frye Festival [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

You momma's house
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

You momma's house

Some of her relatives are named Frye........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Frye Festival [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

In New New York.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently, anyone who went has a choice between receiving a refund or getting VIP tickets to next year's event.

Is anyone actually dumb enough to take the second offer? I guess the answer is yes since there were plenty of people dumb enough to buy tickets for the first one.
Quote Reply