Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
Holly molly I have hit the jackpot.

Respond with angry illogic to Windywave, Redrod and Cruisevegas.

Duplicitous legalese to JSA.

And flat out narcissism to Duffy.

I am awesome.
I win.

Do I get the assist for starting this whole thing?

Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
Holly molly I have hit the jackpot.

Respond with angry illogic to Windywave, Redrod and Cruisevegas.

Duplicitous legalese to JSA.

And flat out narcissism to Duffy.

I am awesome.
I win.

Do I get the assist for starting this whole thing?

Yes.

Yahoo!!! I think I will go outside and recklessly discharge a firearm into the air like it's July 4 here in KKK Country.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Your understanding of 'your' Constitutional Right is skewed. The commas were put there for a reason and one portion of the Second Amendment can not be considered a statement in and of itself.

Take it up with SCOTUS. Until then, suck it.

Hey, Mr. Constitutional Scholar, I believe the writers of the Bill Of Rights used the word 'arms' in the Second Amendment, not 'firearms'. If the phrase 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms' was meant to stand on its own, why wasn't it? Also, why did they preface the statement with 'A well regulated militia,' and 'being necessary to the security of a free state,'? I believe the term firearms has been around for 400 plus years and it would be a much better descriptor of the NRA's beliefs. Arms as a reference to weapons has been used since [at least] the 14th Century but is mostly associated with sticks, clubs, knives, machetes, swords, etc. History portrays the writers as pretty intelligent beings so why didn't they make the distinction if they were, in actuality, guaranteeing the right for citizens to conceal the guns they are carrying on their person?

Just wondering...

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
JSA wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Your understanding of 'your' Constitutional Right is skewed. The commas were put there for a reason and one portion of the Second Amendment can not be considered a statement in and of itself.

Hey, Mr. Constitutional Scholar, I believe the writers of the Bill Of Rights used the word 'arms' in the Second Amendment, not 'firearms'. If the phrase 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms' was meant to stand on its own, why wasn't it? Also, why did they preface the statement with 'A well regulated militia,' and 'being necessary to the security of a free state,'? I believe the term firearms has been around for 400 plus years and it would be a much better descriptor of the NRA's beliefs. Arms as a reference to weapons has been used since [at least] the 14th Century but is mostly associated with sticks, clubs, knives, machetes, swords, etc. History portrays the writers as pretty intelligent beings so why didn't they make the distinction if they were, in actuality, guaranteeing the right for citizens to conceal the guns they are carrying on their person?

Just wondering...

http://letmegooglethat.com/...ngs+second+amendment

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
JSA wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:

Just wondering...

JSA provided a link, but you post as if this has not been decided recently by the SCOTUS. Do you not accept their ruling?
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Man, I'm really enjoying watching Veloci, wasus and Halvard having a dumbout on the forum. Few things better than a good old fashioned dumbout on a Friday afternoon. Sure, it's hard to determine who's winning but the entertainment value is a 10. I've got my money on wasus but Veloci is sure keeping it close.

Carry on! And thx.

I think two are being trolls and are trying to out-stupid each other. I don't think Wasus is trolling, but his initial question is rather stupid as he apparently thinks that gun supporters would feel different from others if their child was killed.
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Man, I'm really enjoying watching Veloci, wasus and Halvard having a dumbout on the forum. Few things better than a good old fashioned dumbout on a Friday afternoon. Sure, it's hard to determine who's winning but the entertainment value is a 10. I've got my money on wasus but Veloci is sure keeping it close.

Carry on! And thx.

I've never met anyone who uses the word dumbout. and I'm happy about that.
carry on...
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not often in an argument I start to feel bad for the other side, like continuing the argument is just beating up someone incapable of defending themselves. We have reached that point.
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
It's not often in an argument I start to feel bad for the other side, like continuing the argument is just beating up someone incapable of defending themselves. We have reached that point.

I, on the other hand, have no problem continuing to eviscerate ignorance ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not responding to you. Just read where five students were injured, and one killed. It wasn't at a school, but was at a bus stop. This is getting out of control - somebody needs to stop it. Story here
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A breath test showed a BAC of .0147.

Typo?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Question For Proponents Of Campus Carry Laws... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
A breath test showed a BAC of .0147.

Typo?

Yeah, I think so. Another article I read said his BAC was .14 - 7 hours after the incident.
Quote Reply

Prev Next