Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Checkbook Apps for iOS 10
Quote | Reply
The checkbook register my wife & I use (iReconcile) hasn't been updated in eons and will, apparently, not be supported in future releases of iOS. My quest to find something similar (while also as user friendly) has proved to difficult, so I consult the collected wisdom and wit of the Lavender Room.

What are you using? For how long? What do you like/not like about it?

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Checkbook Apps for iOS 10 [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious - how do transactions get entered into the app? Does it automatically sync with your bank (how quickly?) or do you have to manually enter the information?

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Checkbook Apps for iOS 10 [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Manually enter the transactions, then reconcile them against the bank's information at a later time. It does not auto-sync with the bank, but does auto-sync between devices so that my wife & I are always on the same page with payments, balances, etc.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just use Office 365 and excel then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh. I just use the bank's app on my phone. I can scroll through transactions and check that the charges match my receipts. Easy peasy.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you still writing checks? You have so many electronic options. Auto-pay, bill-pay from your bank, PayPal, and bill your CC.

Is this for a business?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iCheckbook is a basic account register and works well. I believe Mint has a register component and many other options. My wife handles all of our bills (thank god, I hate that home job), so I no longer deal with it and just have my personal "other stuff" account that I don't really track in deep detail, but iCheckbook worked well when I actually had to keep a register.

dseiler wrote:
The checkbook register my wife & I use (iReconcile) hasn't been updated in eons and will, apparently, not be supported in future releases of iOS. My quest to find something similar (while also as user friendly) has proved to difficult, so I consult the collected wisdom and wit of the Lavender Room.

What are you using? For how long? What do you like/not like about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just use Google Docs and run that against the bank statements. I can access it from any device.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Checkbook Apps for iOS 10 [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Why are you still writing checks? You have so many electronic options. Auto-pay, bill-pay from your bank, PayPal, and bill your CC.

Is this for a business?

Personal use. There are some archaic entities with whom we associate that still require checks. That, and we document every transaction to keep an eye on our active balance. Given instances of bank fraud we've encountered in the past, an electronic register keeps us current.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Checkbook Apps for iOS 10 [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
I just use Google Docs and run that against the bank statements. I can access it from any device.

Google Sheets would, indeed, be super-easy but is not as super-intuitive as required for my wife. :\

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dseiler wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:

Google Sheets would, indeed, be super-easy but is not as super-intuitive as required for my wife. :\

Which is why I handle the bills. ;-)

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Checkbook Apps for iOS 10 [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Which is why I handle the bills. ;-)

I, too, handle the bills; but, she too, has a debit card.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Checkbook Apps for iOS 10 [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Ahh. I just use the bank's app on my phone. I can scroll through transactions and check that the charges match my receipts. Easy peasy.

this.

I stopped manually balancing my checkbook because my credit union (UICCU) and bank (US Bank) have great websites. It is easy to dig into my credit/debit/billpay/trasfers and get all the information I need to make sure things aren't screwed up. I look at it 2-3x per week. Takes prob 5-10 minutes per week to make sure there are no problems.

for long term monitoring, I use emoney. If you have a financial advisor, they probably have an account. It seems like a hackers wet dream, but so far so good.

Andy
Quote Reply