Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GU 24 light bulbs
Quote | Reply
So unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase (because I didn't read it clearly enough), I bought a three bulb light for my kitchen which uses GU 24 bulbs.

It came with bulbs so no real big deal at the time. I assumed that this was a new kind of bulb and that options for replacements wouldn't be that hard to find.

I am now discovering that they are indeed hard to find.

Is GU 24 and up and coming thing? Dead tech? Will I ever find a better selection of GU 24 bulbs? Does anyone know?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: GU 24 light bulbs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

https://www.amazon.ca/FOME-Pack-GU24-Adapters-GIFT/dp/B011I3XE9G/

https://www.amazon.ca/Bonlux-Equivalent-Replacement-Daylight-Pendants/dp/B018I2BTMY/

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/search.html?q=GU24#!q=GU24

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: GU 24 light bulbs [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at home depot yesterday.

For GU 24 bulbs they had two options:

$24 LED bulbs that are more white than I like.

$18 CFL bulbs that are the right shade (more yellow) but I don't really like CFL bulbs.

Quote Reply
Re: GU 24 light bulbs [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So because they are selling adapters does that mean that it is dead tech?

Quote Reply
Re: GU 24 light bulbs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I was at home depot yesterday.

For GU 24 bulbs they had two options:

$24 LED bulbs that are more white than I like.

$18 CFL bulbs that are the right shade (more yellow) but I don't really like CFL bulbs.

I don't have anything to add, other than I feel your pain - I just went through all of this myself a few weeks ago. Same series of events: bought a 3-light chandelier thingy for the dining area with GU24s, not knowing they were GU24, but since they were included, lived with it. I forgot about it until it was time to change one.

I ended up with the LED bulbs (although I didn't pay that much - I got mine at Lowe's, and want to say they were closer to $15). Like you, my wife and I hate the light color. Every bulb in the house is now LED (according to the packaging and my math skills, I estimate we're now saving at least $10,000 a month thanks to switching from incandescent bulbs. LEDs are making me rich!), but these are ugly light. We like the 2700k bulbs. I'm tempted to try the adapters, but not sure about how much height they add to the bulb and if that will look unsightly. Not that anybody else would notice.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: GU 24 light bulbs [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
We like the 2700k bulbs. I'm tempted to try the adapters, but not sure about how much height they add to the bulb and if that will look unsightly. Not that anybody else would notice.

Exactly, I too am fond of the 2700K. I will probably buy the adapters and some LED lights.

I feel like I was sold a Betamax VCR.

Last edited by: BLeP: Apr 27, 17 11:15
Quote Reply