Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 36 hours in Paris [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post a list of stuff tomorrow.........
Quote Reply
Re: 36 hours in Paris [TriDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to see a lot in a short period of time the Hop on Hop Off buses are great. I have done hop on / hop off buses in cities where I have had a short stop over like Dubai and Singapore. You get to see the city and can hop off at the places that interest you. I have not done the Paris one.
Last edited by: Ironnerd: Apr 27, 17 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: 36 hours in Paris [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are going to Normandy you have to stop at St. Mere Eglise and visit the Airborne Museum. It's fantastic. Google it for more info.
Quote Reply
Re: 36 hours in Paris [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have theatre tickets sorted. Great. If not check opening times and go here (to start with):

http://www.tkts.co.uk/leicester-square/

Aa you are up by HP you should find out what time the household cavalry ride through each day. You should also see if there is a changing of the guard - ye olde touristy traditions ;)

Things to do in london:

London Bridge area

Tate Modern - i think its the best space in london

Just over the river is st pauls

Borough Market - great restaurants (Roast) and pubs and loads or cool stalls

You can walk along thames from LB towards Waterloo

Dinner Tip. Barbacoa at st pauls. You can drinks on rooftop terrace overlooking it then go for dinner

West End / Soho / TCR

I'd go to the british museum and if you're not overloaded with museums the victoria and albert

Then in that area you have regents street / piccadily circus, covent garden, soho and leicster square. Look on a map but you

I like covent garden and you can wander through those areas until you end up at piccadilly circus from where you can go to burlington arcade / bond street and regents street

If you go all thr way up bobd street you come out at oxford street.

Parliment / Westminster Abbey / whitehall and buckingham palace / st james / horseguards parade

We will have a new government mid june so not sure what you can see at parliment but worth checking out. As is WA.

Walk up whitehall to trafalgar squuare - tate portrait gallery - to many museums

Hyde Park / albert hall / harrods etc

Short walk from bottom end of hyde park

Food:

Lots of brasseries in soho / westend

I like jamie's italian

Wahaca - started by a masterchef winner is excellent. No booking and its mexican

Mash piccadilly circus

Anchor and Hope at Waterloo

Roast in borough market

Starter for 10

Must do's i think are tate modern / british museum
Quote Reply
Re: 36 hours in Paris [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to England in 1996 for two weeks and have returned 2 times in last 5 years. Quantum leap in restaurant food.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next