Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
neither are banned.

Really not trying to be a PITA ( or no more than usual) but Mr Tibbs posted a thread as Tibbsy, I opened the thread, then got an ST error message saying "oops, you are not authorized to view that page." He said that he gave it a try...

So what's up with that? Again, not trying to poke the bear ( you), but I don't understand?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nevertheless, i'm the one in the position to know!

One would think . . .

but hey! you're on a tear today i see!

Am I?

I do think your spotty memory about banning people is kinda comical, but I'm only poking gentle fun.

I'm glad to hear Barry's not banned. Who were you talking about, for crying out loud?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Slowman wrote:
neither are banned.

Really not trying to be a PITA ( or no more than usual) but Mr Tibbs posted a thread as Tibbsy, I opened the thread, then got an ST error message saying "oops, you are not authorized to view that page." He said that he gave it a try...

So what's up with that? Again, not trying to poke the bear ( you), but I don't understand?

Apparently you aren't in the club. I can see it.

Or maybe YOU are the one who was banned.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah. when i saw that i immediately moved the thread and banned the user because i wasn't SURE it was him. but then i saw the post with the explanatory note, replaced the thread, unbanned the user.

so, technically, tibbs has 2 accounts, the old and the new. which is a no-no. however, i understand the issue. i'm happy to replace the old email with the new on his OLD account, but, i'll let him decide and i guess he'll let me know if that's what he wants to do.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I've been riding a Dawson Saddle for years now and I have absolutely no idea who Dawson is.

Dawson Saddle is a slang term from the movie Brokeback Mountain.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I do think your spotty memory about banning people is kinda comical, but I'm only poking gentle fun."

no problem. my hard drive is full. if i want to cram anything else in there other stuff gets pushed out.

i try to preface my comments with stuff like, "to the best of my memory," or "according to memory," which lets me somewhat off the hook. turns out, as you get older, this is one of the things wives are good for: remembering stuff on your behalf.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
I've been riding a Dawson Saddle for years now and I have absolutely no idea who Dawson is.

Dawson Saddle is a slang term from the movie Brokeback Mountain.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"I do think your spotty memory about banning people is kinda comical, but I'm only poking gentle fun."

no problem. my hard drive is full. if i want to cram anything else in there other stuff gets pushed out.

i try to preface my comments with stuff like, "to the best of my memory," or "according to memory," which lets me somewhat off the hook. turns out, as you get older, this is one of the things wives are good for: remembering stuff on your behalf.

You should use "trust me" more often. It works for guys of your stature.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

Was .... as in "Who Jack Dawson was"

Not a strong open water swimmer

[it was kinda cold, though, so we'll cut him some slack, there]

No idea how the "saddle" comes into play, though

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.pjammcycling.com/...-crest-hwy--ca2.html

Top 20 US bike climb...

Enjoy-I have done the ride in the Summer and it's breath-takingly beautiful!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Apr 26, 17 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does Dawson Saddle mean?
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on the backside of the san gabriels we have a number of named climbs. like tourmalet or mortirolo. (just less well known.) dawson saddle is one of them. like sally wrote. we used that nomenclature for a number of elements of our reader forum we were obliged to name when we set the forum up way back when.

the only thing sally didn't quite get precisely right is that you can climb dawson saddle from "our" side of the san gabriels. she was right, just, for our purposes, that climb starts here right around where The Compound is.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are you healing up?

Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for asking.

hematoma (or at least a lot of swelling) on the hip, where i bounced. i can ride okay. hurts a bit to swim, but i can swim. running? not yet. sleeping? a chore. mostly i just want to be okay to sit for a plane flight across the country on friday.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Coincidentally from that page, last seen on April 5th - "he who shall not be named" and BarryP.

FWIW, I did actually get banned once. It was more than 5 years ago. I literally made another account just so I could send Slowman a message asking what it was I did. Turned out it was just an administrative mistake.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Coincidentally from that page, last seen on April 5th - "he who shall not be named" and BarryP.

FWIW, I did actually get banned once. It was more than 5 years ago. I literally made another account just so I could send Slowman a message asking what it was I did. Turned out it was just an administrative mistake.

That happened to me too the other day
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! You're back! Good.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
thanks for asking.

hematoma (or at least a lot of swelling) on the hip, where i bounced. i can ride okay. hurts a bit to swim, but i can swim. running? not yet. sleeping? a chore. mostly i just want to be okay to sit for a plane flight across the country on friday.

you be careful about flying, dan - throw an embolis and it could be game over!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is good you are back.

I've never been banned, but today I had a thread I started get locked down.

I'm feeling very manly.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
It is good you are back.

I've never been banned, but today I had a thread I started get locked down.

I'm feeling very manly.

THANKS TRUMP!!!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL reason "he who shall not be named" was banned... [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the plane right now. Window seat exit row. If I feel it coming on I'll bail out.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tell them you need some extra peanuts. if anyone gives you hassle, i'm a doctor.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
On the plane right now. Window seat exit row. If I feel it coming on I'll bail out.

If you are flying Mexican Air, they might do it for you!

If you are flying United, post the video here before TMZ gets it!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next