Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT botches scoring at collegiate nationals [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they really hammer the top people with that one. My teammate and I were top 40 last year and both of us got 2 minutes for it bumping our team standing down 2-3 places. I had been doing tris for 7 years at that point and have never once heard of that rule or been penalized for it. I know at least 10 other people who racked that way but didn't get in trouble for it. I realize now it's a rule because it impedes people on the other side from racking their bikes, but they really need to do a better job explaining the rules and enforcing it in other races.. The funny thing is when I raced this year I came back to transition to find someone's bike perfectly racked by the handlebars in my spot and it cost me about 10 seconds to get my bike in. And even though it was far more inconvenient to deal with than if he had racked it the wrong way, he didn't get a penalty.

Fourth year Elite.
- AP Racing Team
- Dimond Bikes
- Strava
- Insta
Quote Reply
Re: USAT botches scoring at collegiate nationals [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few things to comment.

It's collegiate Nationals. You guys have class, travel, pack bikes up etc are "poor college kids"., But from what I gather no one "missed" the meeting because they were lazy and didn't want to attend. Either travel issue, class issue etc was why some missed. So I'm ok USAT is lienent on some rules like missing the meeting and only putting them in back of line.

The DL race has 1 issue at collegiate nats. The top half of the event "understand" the process. But it's also an development race of athletes who are on teams with no coaching and no real understanding of DL demands of competition. They simply take the spots because they earned them through whatever qualfiying process. So 1/3rd of the field is simply there in over their heads. I think one girl didn't even get out of swim before being lapped out. So there is also sorta an mindset that this is still a developing process for you guys. So USAT is strict on certain things but will be more lienent with other things if it means the safety isn't compromised. That's ultimately the deal. They just don't want safety to be an issue so if you missed the meeting because you couldn't leave campus etc they should be forgiving. Remember it's part showcase as well as this is what the 5th year of DL race. So they don't want to be overbearing on certain issues if they can reasonable provide alternative solution.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next