Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races?
Quote | Reply
Headed out to Exton, PA for a few months this summer. Looking around for any masters swim programs, local group rides or recommended races. Curious what ST has to recommend. I've got French Creek and Philly Tri on my calendar. Looks like NYC Tri is sold out unless anyone has a lead on spots?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The RD (John Kenny) for the French Creek Tri runs a masters swim program including OWS and races in the Schuylkill.

You're also close enough to the Jersey shore to hit some of the Delmo races throughout the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's the NJ and Mid Atlantic TT series if you're interested in that. Thursday's at Great Valley there is a good training crit also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of options for summer races if you are willing to drive modest amounts (an hour or so).

Steelman, Rev3 Pocono, a bunch of races in NJ. If you are here in September there is a sprint race only 15 minutes from Exton called Marshman.

I am racing at French Creek and will be hanging around at PhillyTri (might end up doing part of a relay though).

I live about 15 minutes from Exton, you are welcome to ping me for more info about the area if you like.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, I'll look into John's program. Looking to explore the area as I've never lived out on the East Coast so I'll have to add a Delmo race to the calendar.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. I am planning on jumping into all the bike races I can find. I've got Philadelphia TT on the schedule and will look into the series.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the ideas. I'll take a look into some of the offerings with a bit more of a drive.

I'll shoot you a PM closer to French Creek. It would be great to connect and get some ideas for training locally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
Perfect, I'll look into John's program. Looking to explore the area as I've never lived out on the East Coast so I'll have to add a Delmo race to the calendar.

I *think* there may still be open spots for Escape The Cape on June 4, if you've never jumped off a ferry before.

http://delmosports.com/...best-triathlon#intro
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Alcatraz back in 2013. I'm checking out Escape from the Cape now, thanks for the heads-up.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link for the mid-atlantic TT series? I know about the Jersey ones, but was hoping to pick up a couple of TTs this year in PA if possible. TIA.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jelana wrote:
Do you have a link for the mid-atlantic TT series? I know about the Jersey ones, but was hoping to pick up a couple of TTs this year in PA if possible. TIA.

http://midatlantictimetrialseries.blogspot.com/?m=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road or crit? What cat are you these days? How you answer will impact my answers.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road or crit. Generally prefer road though.

Cat 3, but haven't raced much in the last 18 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tour de Millersburg
Iron hill crit (renamed?)
Tour de Somerville (might be a bit of a hike for you)
Arsenal crit

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thanks.

Tour de Millersburg is already on the calendar. I'll take a look at the other three. Will you be racing any/all of them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends what kind of shape I can get myself back into... Somerville is most likely.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:

Philly Tri, as you mentioned you're doing, is a great race and has been run well the past few years since I've started racing there. Have never raced French Creek Tri but have heard a lot of good about it.

In terms of DelMo races, they're run phenomenally well. Very organized and professional. Tri the Wildwoods and Atlantic City Tri are the other two aside from Escape the Cape. AC is my personal favorite and is the USAT Regional Champs this year and in 2018.

If you're looking to just add a small, local race to your calendar, Piranha Sports and DQ Events host a ton of races as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Exton, Pennsylvania - Masters swim? Group rides? Local races? [CVH1296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to hear.

I'm registered for Escape the Cape and Philadelphia Sprint/Olympic double. Great to hear DelMo puts on a good show. Unfortunately I'll be gone before the August events, but hoping to catch Steelhead 70.3 on the way home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that was a fun one today at French Creek Brutally difficult course! But how boring would it be otherwise?
Quote Reply