Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow
Quote | Reply
What do you do?

Three of us kick in for lunch, flowers and $50 gift card
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are going for PC I would start with "administrative assistants day".

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Apr 25, 17 7:39
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flowers? That's pretty presumptive and sexist. Gift card? Better not be to Bed, Bath and Beyond or something like that.

The PC way to go about it is to entirely ignore the day because you presumably pay your assistant what they're worth, just like any other employee at the office. No preferential treatment should be allowed, really, because everyone is basically the same regardless of race/gender/sexual preference/height/weight.

(I think I did that right, if not I'm a straight white man so just blame me for whatever, that always works)
Last edited by: Brownie28: Apr 25, 17 7:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smack him/ her on the ass and say, "That's for you, Toots," with a wink and a smile. Secretaries dig that kind of interaction, which has been mostly absent in the workplace for far too long.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Smack him/ her on the ass and say, "That's for you, Toots," with a wink and a smile. Secretaries dig that kind of interaction, which has been mostly absent in the workplace for far too long.
Thats why I loved watching Mad Men.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:
What do you do?

Wear a wife beater that doesn't cover your navel that says "You are the most beautiful woman in the world" on the front and on the back "Fancy a Fuck?"
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes, on rare occasions, the Lavender Room really does shine brightly. Today is one of those days
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 25, 17 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Harry wrote:
What do you do?

Wear a wife beater that doesn't cover your navel that says "You are the most beautiful woman in the world" on the front and on the back "Fancy a Fuck?"

I love Notting Hill!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much that. We usually did the flowers and twice as much money.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing show appreciation more than lunch at Panera.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

a.k.a. sandwiches in the conference room?
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
JSA wrote:

a.k.a. sandwiches in the conference room?

Exactly.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Is the secretary on the Board of Directors?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

Ha, ha, ha

And I had no idea there were still people needed to answer the phones, greet clients, and print out copies of the boss's emails. What does an Administrative person do these days?
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
JSA wrote:

Is the secretary on the Board of Directors?

No. That's what makes it special for them!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Start discussing your favorite moments in Mad Men.

Quote | Reply
We take all the skirts out to lunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a dress code? That's nice.....

AlanShearer wrote:
We take all the skirts out to lunch.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife is an Executive Assistant to the three top Execs at a Fortune 500 Company. I can assure you that she does none of the things you've mentioned other than answering the phone when they are travelling. If I thought you had any actual interest in what she does, I would list some things, but I think you were more interested in a witty one-liner, so carry on.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teekona wrote:
My wife is an Executive Assistant to the three top Execs at a Fortune 500 Company. I can assure you that she does none of the things you've mentioned other than answering the phone when they are travelling. If I thought you had any actual interest in what she does, I would list some things, but I think you were more interested in a witty one-liner, so carry on.

The entire thread is witty one-liners. So yea, that's what we're all interested in.

I know a lady like you wife. She is invaluable to the company and is actually on the Board of Directors. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Point taken.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teekona wrote:

Those lunch reservations won't make themselves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
teekona wrote:

The entire thread is witty one-liners. So yea, that's what we're all interested in.

I know a lady like you wife. She is invaluable to the company and is actually on the Board of Directors. Cheers!

Way to ruin it
Quote Reply
Re: Politcally Correct Language for Secretary's day tomorrow [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
teekona wrote:

Way to ruin it

Well, with Dan itching to ban anyone who doesn't conform....
Quote Reply