Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 9 hrs per week IM training - Any subject matter you want me to dive into? [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VALHALLA wrote:
Dev,

sorry for the late reply to this.

my running consisted of quicker than IM pace running. i trained at my half-marathon pace or quicker during my runs. this typically works out to being ~6 min/mile pace.

similar to my indoor cycling workouts using TrainerRoad, i was trying to apply a similar concept with running -- raise the fitness ceiling through high-than-race-pace-intensity during workouts. i am a fairly efficient runner so injury wasn't too much of a concern as i was getting in plenty of recovery between sessions.

also....i did take your suggestion of walking more often to heart. our dogs got some longer than usual walks the past few months:)

LF

So basically you got fitter dogs as a result of your IM Texas "base training" that is not "counted" in your 9 hours per week LOL! We're calling BS on your 9 hours. Sounds more like 9 hours of intensity training and 6-7 hours of super low base level exercise with the dogs. Glad you got all your walking quota out of your system before race day and you stuck to running 7:30ish miles all day!
Quote Reply
Re: 9 hrs per week IM training - Any subject matter you want me to dive into? [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Joe,

I have used First Endurance products in the past -- the last time I really geared up with a concerted training block for the inaugural Challenge Bahrain. I am a big fan of their line-up.

Lars

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply

Prev Next