Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting the best out of tacx neo
Quote | Reply
A little help here if possible.

I moved to a tacx neo from the lemond. Which was a beautifully smooth trainer, the neo I'm finding is not as smooth, which is a lot more like the road!
I found the lemond cheated me a little, allowed me to keep the power high, by providing just enough inertia, but out in the road this seemed to really cost me. Particularly on the flats where I felt like I didn't have the force in the downstroke.

The neo have definitely improved this, but I'm still struggling to get the ride as smooth as I'd like, and quite often I feel like my legs are fatiguing before my CVS resulting in a lower heart rate and not being able to sustain the power for threshold to Vo2max etc.

I've had a play with different slopes etc. But not quite found what I am looking for.

I've heard the neo is smoother in smaller gears, is this true? If so why would that be and to generate more resistance is it a case of upping the grade?
Or is it best to go the other way big gears with a downhill grade?

Also, has anyone noticed that certain apps control the neo better/more smoothly?

I don't want to do all the online racing stuff, just my own workouts. So was wondering whether TR worked better than the tacx app for this. I don't want to follow their plans though. I like doing my own thing.

Lastly, do people open the freehub and keep that lubed? And how often?
Quote Reply