Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW, I bought one of those super lightweight down jackets from Eddie Bauer recently. Holy crap is it awesome. Perfect for going to the mall, or driving around on cold days when you don't want a big bulky jacket.

They wouldn't be great for being out in the cold for a long time but in and out of the car to a store? Perfect.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Popped up on my feed today:

I Spent $925 on a Fake Canada Goose Coat
A winter splurge turns into an e-commerce nightmare.

https://www.theatlantic.com/...goose-amazon/581041/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And it is still available on Amazon. Bezo's will crash and burn, investors when they start hearing more of this will shoot him in the foot for not having basic controls
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Francois wrote:
Yup. We found hers and his parka for about half the price. Haven’t had real cold days yet though.

Oh, it is coming, my friend! It is coming!

Cold days are here. Arcteryx still kicking ass even when it’s -20 something with windchill as it was this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
JSA wrote:
Francois wrote:
Yup. We found hers and his parka for about half the price. Haven’t had real cold days yet though.

Cold days are here. Arcteryx still kicking ass even when it’s -20 something with windchill as it was this morning.

Took the dogs out this a.m. It was -11. I felt so bad b/c they were both limping with the cold. Then, when I got home tonight, I let them out again. The dick-weim (I love him, but, he's an asshole!) takes off and, instead of staying in the yard, goes for a little adventure. Went to bring him in and could not find him. Went out to look and the little asshole went so far, his paws hurt so bad, he could not walk back to the house! I bet he doesn't do that again.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah! Glad he is ok but bet he does it again. Pups have tiny memories for stuff like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried boots for him, but, he cannot stand them. He loves his coat, but, the boots drive him nuts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
JSA wrote:
Francois wrote:

I was outside in a t-shirt today. We have been having an incredibly warm January.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I've tried boots for him, but, he cannot stand them. He loves his coat, but, the boots drive him nuts.

Dogs and booties can be hilarious.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He refunded her money. What a nightmare.

Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
is CG worth the cost, or would I just be paying for branding?

I have a close relative who works for CG and has offered all her family members 1/2 off or better on anything we want. I live in a climate where I wear a down jacket about half the year, so I was interested. After I looked into it I didn't buy anything.

Long story short - down outerwear is a fairly mature technology, and CG is not among the companies (like Montbell) that are pushing the limits of design and materials. There's a huge emphasis on style and marketing; functionally there are any number of companies making better stuff for less money.

this exactly what my expeience has been too. Go with Patagonia instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Francois wrote:
JSA wrote:
Francois wrote:

I was outside in a t-shirt today. We have been having an incredibly warm January.

Here in the second warmest part of the country (Southwestern ON) it was pretty warm up until two weeks ago. Last week we had a day of minus 14 and next week they are talkin about a high of minus 15. Brrr. My 25 year old MEC down parka has been resurrected.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How in the hell is SW Ontario the second warmest place in Canada?

Do you guys even see the ground between November and may?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
How in the hell is SW Ontario the second warmest place in Canada?

Do you guys even see the ground between November and may?

His brain is frozen, leave him alone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes I am making BC the warmest place. My whole lawn is bare of snow because of the warm snap two days ago (+5C btw). I am also pissed because it is so cold and if I wanted to cross country ski it would be on grass.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reconsider my choice. I have used is I the Arctic circle at - 55 .

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
Reconsider my choice. I have used is I the Arctic circle at - 55 .

1.5 dog beers?

(trying desperately to catch up)
Quote Reply
Re: Is Canada Goose worth the price? [aspen6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aspen6 wrote:
eb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
is CG worth the cost, or would I just be paying for branding?

I have a close relative who works for CG and has offered all her family members 1/2 off or better on anything we want. I live in a climate where I wear a down jacket about half the year, so I was interested. After I looked into it I didn't buy anything.

Long story short - down outerwear is a fairly mature technology, and CG is not among the companies (like Montbell) that are pushing the limits of design and materials. There's a huge emphasis on style and marketing; functionally there are any number of companies making better stuff for less money.

this exactly what my expeience has been too. Go with Patagonia instead.

All I know about CG is that I had never heard of it until I went to Iceland a couple of years ago and every other tourist was wearing it. It was ridiculous.
Quote Reply

Prev Next