Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018???
Quote | Reply
I am on the verge of purchasing an Enve ses wheel set laced with Enve carbon hubs
but somebody told me that it's gonna be totally renewed in 2018 so do not buy 1k $ hub.

Have you heard about this rumor?
Please help me!!

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [Peter kim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Lace your hoops to DT 240s. Don't buy $1000 hub now or ever. Unless it has like a 500 W motor in it.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds really rational... yup dt240 fits better.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [Peter kim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter kim wrote:
I am on the verge of purchasing an Enve ses wheel set laced with Enve carbon hubs
but somebody told me that it's gonna be totally renewed in 2018 so do not buy 1k $ hub.

Have you heard about this rumor?
Please help me!!

I chose the Chris King hubs when I bought my 8.9s last year......very satisfied. You still have that option.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am, buying a set of 7.8 tubeless Enve wheels. The Chris King 45 hubs are " like a swarm of bees ", and by YOUTUBE verification, the loudest hubs you can buy. when freewheeling how do you put up with the NOISE ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
Lace your hoops to DT 240s.
I really like DT hubs. But, I'd save the money and get DT 350 hubs. It uses the same ratchet system internals as the 240, and saves a lot of money at the expense of a little bit of weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [dougmcclellan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Chris King hubs make it sound like you've caught a fish every time you coast!

It's hard for me to get past the notion that anything that loud must have friction. In truth, it's probably minimal. But it has a psychological effect. So no Chris King for me.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
It's hard for me to get past the notion that anything that loud must have friction.
I agree, but it's important to keep in mind that the friction from the pawl noise/ring drive is only while coasting. How much time do you spend coasting where you care about every bit of speed? For me (on the road) that's near zero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello kjmcawesome and All,

http://www.wheelbuilder.com/...n-time-trial-wheels/

Wheelbuilder laced an Enve rim to a DT Swiss hub (rear) and it works great for me.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Enve carbon hub Renewal in 2018??? [dougmcclellan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dougmcclellan wrote:
I am, buying a set of 7.8 tubeless Enve wheels. The Chris King 45 hubs are " like a swarm of bees ", and by YOUTUBE verification, the loudest hubs you can buy. when freewheeling how do you put up with the NOISE ?

The noise doesn't bother me....really don't notice it that much. I do mostly OLY distance so there's not a whole lot of freewheeling going on. Here's a Reddit post from a couple years ago that talks about it.

https://www.reddit.com/...b523#bottom-comments
Last edited by: gphin305: Sep 24, 17 14:37
Quote Reply