Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Texas 2017....fastest pro IM field of all time (5 sub 8, 10 sub 8:10)? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I agree with u Dev

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017....fastest pro IM field of all time (5 sub 8, 10 sub 8:10)? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good on you Colin, I agree. IM needs a course certification process. Only records standing will be a fully accurate, certified distance. Kind of like IM Boulder--can't say I raced an Ironman last year, it was short. Just like IM Cali in 2000...military apparently measured it in 2.4 nautical miles so the swim was long & the best time would have been easy tp surpass the following year. There is no "close enough" IMO. It would be nice to be able to actually trust that you are getting what is advertised & pay for. When you pay for a gallon of gas, do you get .95 of a gallon of gas? Don't think so.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017....fastest pro IM field of all time (5 sub 8, 10 sub 8:10)? [rj_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rj_tri wrote:
I think the bike was 3-3.5km short

I just mentioned on the other IM Texas thread that I was a Volunteer Bike Handler from 2-5:00pm yesterday and of the 25-35 bikes I racked and had a bike computer left on , all read 109 miles and change.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017....fastest pro IM field of all time (5 sub 8, 10 sub 8:10)? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 IM Brazil had 4, with Marino leading the charge! Tyler Butterfield was the 1st finisher above 8 hours, finishing 5th. This race had 6 go under 2:50 on the run, and a seventh at exactly 2:50, so very similar
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017....fastest pro IM field of all time (5 sub 8, 10 sub 8:10)? [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shorter bike duration means that you can run harder. A 7:55 race can be at a higher output than a 8:30 race.

On top of that, cooler temps means that you NET output increases for the same gross metabolic output as there's less "overhead" required for cooling.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next