Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You haven't flown in awhile, have you? Families do not get to board first anymore. All the premium flyers go first, then the families. Even Southwest has families go after the A group.
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not on delta. People needing assistance and families with small kids go 1st. At least on the dozen or so trips I've flown this year.
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Not on delta. People needing assistance and families with small kids go 1st. At least on the dozen or so trips I've flown this year.

Yep, flown delta on two trips this month. On all four flights kids and those needing assistance were called first. I haven't seen the video, but I'm surprised a stroller that holds 15 month old twins could fit down the aisle.
When we flew with our son we checked the jogging stroller and used a small umbrella stroller to get him to the gate. There it was gate checked and picked up on exiting the plane. No fuss no muss. Don't know what her malfunction was.
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
You haven't flown in awhile, have you? Families do not get to board first anymore. All the premium flyers go first, then the families. Even Southwest has families go after the A group.

Southwest will give you a pre board if you ask the family loading after A is for the lazy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:

I fly quite often and, because Southwest has the most non-stop flights to my destinations, fly Southwest most often. That (premium flyer going first) has only happened once in the last 3 years I have been traveling. Every other time, the blue hairs and families go first, jumping in front of the business class fare holders who paid at least 3 times what they paid for their "wanna get away" fares.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I haven't seen the video, but I'm surprised a stroller that holds 15 month old twins could fit down the aisle.
When we flew with our son we checked the jogging stroller and used a small umbrella stroller to get him to the gate. There it was gate checked and picked up on exiting the plane. No fuss no muss. Don't know what her malfunction was.

She didn't go down the aisle with it. The confrontation happened in the entry area between the cockpit and the first class section.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Going by my experience on flights there's a 95% chance that the passenger simply refused to stow the stroller and the flight crew had had enough.

Going by my experience there's a 70% chance the passenger asked for a reasonable accommodation and the flight attendant flipped the fuck out. Why do we experience such different realities?

The passenger who "stood" up for the mother should be arrested for threatening the FA, however.
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Trieatalot wrote:

I fly quite often and, because Southwest has the most non-stop flights to my destinations, fly Southwest most often. That (premium flyer going first) has only happened once in the last 3 years I have been traveling. Every other time, the blue hairs and families go first, jumping in front of the business class fare holders who paid at least 3 times what they paid for their "wanna get away" fares.

I never understood why people want to get on first. So you can hurry up and wait? It's not festival seating. I always wait until the last possible minute to board the flying coffin

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
JSA wrote:
Trieatalot wrote:

I never understood why people want to get on first. So you can hurry up and wait? It's not festival seating. I always wait until the last possible minute to board the flying coffin

overhead bin space
Quote Reply
Re: AA CEO should send uniteds a case of wine for lessons learnt [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
JSA wrote:
Trieatalot wrote:

Southwest is open seating, that's why. When I have an assigned seat, I wait until the last second. With open seating, you want to get on as early as possible to grab a seat with the most legroom or best location.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next