Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Texas Race Day Thread
Quote | Reply
Lauren Brandon, it appears clocks the fastest swim of the day. Second fastest swim of the day is Pro Man Harry Wiltshire. Looks like Harry did not need to battle with Frodo for the swim prime but got chic'd. Starky stalking in the lead group. Tyler Butterfield in that mix. I am thinking this guy is going to want to put down the hammer in the second half of the bike. No defending champ Lang in the field?

Matt Hansen just 2 minutes off the lead. That guy can run

No wetsuits today for slots and awards. Race safely everyone!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 22, 17 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Race Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Lauren Brandon, it appears clocks the fastest swim of the day. Second fastest swim of the day is Pro Man Harry Wiltshire. Looks like Harry did not need to battle with Frodo for the swim prime but got chic'd. Starky stalking in the lead group. Tyler Butterfield in that mix. I am thinking this guy is going to want to put down the hammer in the second half of the bike. No defending champ Lang in the field?

Frodo?? He isn't racing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea what happened to Rapp? He was reported as part of the 19-strong male pack at the halfway point of the swim, and then never mentioned again. No splits either...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Race Day Thread [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Any idea what happened to Rapp? He was reported as part of the 19-strong male pack at the halfway point of the swim, and then never mentioned again. No splits either...

Out 28th in 00:55:16

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Race Day Thread [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Frodo?? He isn't racing?

It was a bit of a joke from Kona. Frodo and Wiltshire were banging it out to get to T1 first. Turns out Wiltshire kind of got out first, only to be beaten by Lauren Brandon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Frodo?? He isn't racing?

It was a bit of a joke from Kona. Frodo and Wiltshire were banging it out to get to T1 first. Turns out Wiltshire kind of got out first, only to be beaten by Lauren Brandon!

Ahhh...Got it!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Race Day Thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit behind Matt Russell in the swim.

Let's see if the Diamondback boys can blaze up through the field.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Race Day Thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
tessar wrote:

Out 28th in 00:55:16

OK game on then! Butterfield will have some major benefit emerging with the likes of Starky (that's assuming Starky allows anyone to stay around)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First year pro and ex college swimmer James Capparell was first pro man out the water just ahead of Wiltshire
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Race Day Thread [Tricoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tricoastal wrote:
First year pro and ex college swimmer James Capparell was first pro man out the water just ahead of Wiltshire

I just saw the text updates that said Lauren Brandon was the fastest and the tracker did not show the guys in order for some reason....I just scanned the names and saw that Wiltshire was the fastest of the usual suspects and missed Capparell as I did not know the name.

Now I see they had a 1 second battle. Were there any punches?
Quote Reply