Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

China Temp Job Opportunity
Quote | Reply
Thought would post and get the opinion of the level headed positions.

A little background, I work in the electronics industry for a large contract manufacturer, so a huge portion of our supply base and business is or has migrated to Asia.

I just got a call from my boss and his boss to see if I would be interested in moving to Shenzen, China for 3 months and up to 6 months. The opportunity would be to mentor a new business unit that we are starting there for sourcing opportunities.

This would be a huge opportunity career wise, with ties to my companies executives, and would look excellent on a resume.

I am single with a pooch so no major ties.

So the question is would you go? All living expenses would be covered while there, living in a hotel.

Let me know your take,
Quote Reply
Re: China Temp Job Opportunity [Tik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a heartbeat. Why wouldn't you?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: China Temp Job Opportunity [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one word for you:

Go
Quote Reply
Re: China Temp Job Opportunity [cowtipper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've packed your bags already right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
absolutely! it sounds like a blast. I would do it in a heartbeat

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: China Temp Job Opportunity [mcoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just for fun- Don't go they are commies over there

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why only "temp?"

In short, GO!!! You will be a part of possibly the most powerful economy at the start of the 21st century.

Bring me a t-shirt, please.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto what everyone else said. Could be a terrific opportunity, and if not...it's only 3-6 months.

The company that I work for just brought back a couple that had gone to Shanghai for us. They signed on for two years and enjoyed it enough that they stayed three. We still have another American in Shanghai who has been there for 3+ years...and I don't see him coming back to the States for a long time.
Quote Reply
Re: China Temp Job Opportunity [IAMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. I will be going for sure just have to work out some details so Monday I will be giving the yup.
It is a great opportunity and I wasn't able to see a big down side.
I have been there several times and loved it. Just that much time kind of freaked me. lol

So probably January time frame I will be trying to learn a new language and living in a hotel.

Happy Turkey Day!!

T
Quote Reply