Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is a newspaper?
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just steer with my junk so I have both hands free to pleasure my lady and shift
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an icebox instead of a refrigerator.
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer all the modern conveniences.

I use my debit card for everything. I NEVER write checks, thats archaic.
I get the paper on my ipad.
I hate driving a stick, even though I can.
I love my timed coffee machine. I wake up and the coffee is alrerady brewing. Ah!
I use the computer for as much as I can. Including ST
I have a rake and broom, but use the blower for everything I can.
I have an automated pool cleaner.
I love the side monitor on my Mazda.

So much more about todays technologies to love

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely hate automatic transmissions, especially living in the mountains. More power, more control and a hell of a lot more fun to drive.

Thom wrote:
Manual Transmission
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still write checks
Still write thank you cards and send letters
Pull the weeds by hand in the yard. While I have a push gas mower, everything else I do by hand
I like washing dishes, my father also did this to help my mom, and when he got older it helped with his arthritis, so it reminds me of him.
On trips I will write out directions instead of GPS
Read the newspaper and use the local library a lot.
I wish I had a manual car, I miss those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you guys not all sending your posts and replies to Dan via snail mail?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Mechanical shifting on my bike.

Pfft I prefer friction shifting
Last edited by: tazunemono: Apr 25, 17 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
I have an automated pool cleaner

You should just hire a pool boy......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Wife and I have 4 vehicles, two are manual, two are automatic. One is my classic toy car, the other manual is my 06 Dodge Ram diesel truck. I prefer the manual for towing, I like to have the truck in the gear I want rather than trying to get the computer to shift to the gear I want. Ram still makes their diesel trucks with a manual although they are getting harder and harder to find. I will confess that for the daily commute, the auto trans is nice. But for towing and having fun I prefer my manuals.

Other than that I guess I am pretty modern.
Quote Reply
Re: Conveniences you pass on because you like the old or more difficult way [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen. In addition to feeling like you are actually driving, I am convinced it makes you a more engaged and attentive driver.

I have heard anecdotally, that this is the case ( and also over all better drivers). But it also could be because the people these days who tend to buy manual transmission cars do really enjoy driving and actually being engaged in the process of driving whereas strangely, considering the risks involved and the intricacy of it all many drivers seem to be disengaged from the process of driving.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next