Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store?
Quote | Reply
My Fitbit broke, and their refurbished Garmin is half of new.

One year warranty. Anyone have experience with them?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store? [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friends have bought from them with good experiences.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store? [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought outright? No. But all of my Garmin units are factory refurb units replaced under partial or full warranty, and they have worked fine.

I didn't think there was such a thing as a bought new Garmin GPS unit in the wild more than 18 months old.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does "almost" count? In actuality, I DID purchase a refurb 920xt from them. But, 15 minutes after clicking "purchase", I found the same refurb unit cheaper on Amazon with free next day prime shipping. So, I cancelled the order from Factory Outlet store and bought the Amazon one.

PS: Perfectly happy with the refurb unit. It has worked flawlessly---8 months later...going strong. Only one VERY small (2mm) blemish on the bezel....that I just had to hunt around to find. Same factory warranty as new.

-tch
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that doesn't suck. Do you recall who the Amazon seller was?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My purchase was made in September 2016, $222 before tax. The order history says "Amazon.com, LLC". But, it also says "currently unavailable" on the product page. A broader search of Amazon for any refurb 920xt turned up zero results.

Link to obsolete product page:

https://www.amazon.com/...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Garmin Garmin Forerunner 920 Blue/Black NOH (Newly Overhauled)
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Not much help. Sorry.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. Just pulled the trigger - figured for less than half of retail and 40% less than I can find on the interwebs, why quit stressing over $60.

Stress will begin if this is a POS like my Fitbit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my refurbished 920xt from them last summer. So far, nothing but outstanding performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, for those who purchased from the Garmin Refurb Store - is there an indication on the device that it is a refurb? I have some SanDisk Sansa MP3 players - refurbs - that are labeled as such with an "R" or "refurb" on the device. Similar for Garmin. I ask b/c I have a 920xt replaced under warranty - no indication as a refurb. So, trying to determine if "refurb" indication is common on Garmin devices...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone purchased Garmin from Factory Outlet Store? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing on the device itself, just the packaging.
Quote Reply