Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Helmet or shoes
Quote | Reply
I will be able to pick up a new pair of shoes or a helmet a little bit before HIM Racine in July, like 3weeks prior to the race.

Would you get a new helmet (POC Cerebral) or new shoes (Giro SLX)?

I currently have a Giro Advantage 2 helmet and Pearl Izumi Tri Fly Carbon V shoes.

Just as a note as well, I have been properly fit to my bike(SC 7.5 Gen2), changed tubes to latex will be picking up some new tires (Corsa Speeds or SS depending on TG's findings) and race in a one piece suit and have 60/80 Carbon Wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet or shoes [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll depend. .. on the one hand, if the a2 isn't great and the poc is you probably stand to gain more, but that's impossible to know without testing. The shoes you probably stand a better chance of gaining *something * but you'll have to get used to getting into them / modifying them (if you choose to)fairly quick.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet or shoes [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
It'll depend. .. on the one hand, if the a2 isn't great and the poc is you probably stand to gain more, but that's impossible to know without testing. The shoes you probably stand a better chance of gaining *something * but you'll have to get used to getting into them / modifying them (if you choose to)fairly quick.

I have also been eyeing the Aerohead but I like the look of the POC better. I figure either one of these helmets can't be that much worse than the A2. I would have to test this as well.

As for the shoes that is what I am a little questionable about. Is 3 weeks enough time to really get use to a new pair of shoes? with getting them adjusted and my feet use to them as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both of those are "good guess" helmets if you are just picking one (so is the a2 for that matter)

I'd pick shoes or helmet in relation to which bit of kit I was jonesing for more.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't the Giro SLX lace-up, designed for road riding? It seems like they would be less aero than the Tri Fly you have already.
Quote Reply
Re: Helmet or shoes [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Isn't the Giro SLX lace-up, designed for road riding? It seems like they would be less aero than the Tri Fly you have already.

Yes they are lace up. However, Thomas G. took a pair and added flat elastic lasses to them so you can slip your foot in and out them very easily. The advantage is that you don't have all the extra straps and things hanging off the shoes disrupting the airflow. The SLX shoe would be much more smooth. To add, just about everyone that wears them has said they are very very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoes
Quote Reply