Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [tazunemono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of them. Not a beer fan.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adambeston wrote:
Lived on the Delaware border for a year and this was by FAR the best thing from Dogfish Head. Everything else was highly overrated. Stick to Victory, Troegs, and Southern Tier oddities out there at a much better price.

I like the Flying Dog Heat series like last year's Jalapeno White Ale; Dead Rise is a Wheat Ale with Old Bay Seasoning, and excellent for Summer

YMMV

ETA: Southern Tier Creme Brulee is so sweet it could kill a whole family of diabetics

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
We visiting Australia a few years ago, we were quite surprised how lowly regarded Foster's is. They have their own horse piss beers in Oz, but Foster's was regarded as the bottom of the heap. They also have a lot of good beers there, but what we term in our part of the world as "craft beers", the Aussies refer to as "boutique beers".

The last time this shit was sold in Oz was back in the 80's when Crocodile Dundee was big in the US. I've never actually seen this beer sold here in Oz that we refer to as "cat's piss". Maybe in the US the correct term is "horse piss". So I'm apologising on behalf of all Ozzies for unleashing this shit on the rest of the world, we like to keep the best beer down under here for ourselves.

And just to add, the worst beer usually comes from the Netherlands.
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
A neighbor gave me a smoked beer once. I can't recall the name of it. It was the most terrible thing I've ever tasted.

I agree after trying one of the same once. Also tried a beer aged in a wooden whiskey barrel. Was an interesting concept but just didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickag wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
We visiting Australia a few years ago, we were quite surprised how lowly regarded Foster's is. They have their own horse piss beers in Oz, but Foster's was regarded as the bottom of the heap. They also have a lot of good beers there, but what we term in our part of the world as "craft beers", the Aussies refer to as "boutique beers".

The last time this shit was sold in Oz was back in the 80's when Crocodile Dundee was big in the US. I've never actually seen this beer sold here in Oz that we refer to as "cat's piss". Maybe in the US the correct term is "horse piss". So I'm apologising on behalf of all Ozzies for unleashing this shit on the rest of the world, we like to keep the best beer down under here for ourselves.

Interesting timing on this. Many years ago I tried Victoria Bitter, while stationed on Okinawa of all places, and liked it. Never have been able to find it since. I do see Foster's occasionally. We have a local Australian eatery (The Australian Bite) that sells Foster's in a green can. I asked the Australian lady who owns the place if she knows where I can find VB, and she pointed to the green can Foster's and said, "that's it". Any truth to this? Is VB disguised in a green Foster's can?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Dog piss
Last edited by: saltman: Apr 20, 17 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
nickag wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Interesting timing on this. Many years ago I tried Victoria Bitter, while stationed on Okinawa of all places, and liked it. Never have been able to find it since. I do see Foster's occasionally. We have a local Australian eatery (The Australian Bite) that sells Foster's in a green can. I asked the Australian lady who owns the place if she knows where I can find VB, and she pointed to the green can Foster's and said, "that's it". Any truth to this? Is VB disguised in a green Foster's can?

Orion Beer could be added to this list, but I did drink a lot of it in Kinville.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale (New Belgium Brewing, collaboration with Ben & Jerry/s) - simply godawful. Someone brought it to a party we had a while back and the only reason that there's 5 of them still in the garage instead of 6 is that I foolishly tried one. So sickly, syrupy sweet that it was all I could do to choke down one taste - the rest got dumped. Fortunately, they only brewed it once (according to Beer Advocate: https://www.beeradvocate.com/.../profile/192/236603/ - if you want to taste the horror for yourself, I've got 5 of 'em up for grabs.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickag wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Foster's was quite big in Canada back in the Crocodile Dundee days. When I visited Australia I learned quickly how poorly it is regarded on home turf. Drank VB quite a bit in Oz, plus other good beers, not to mention some really good wine.
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I never got into any of the Japanese beers. I'll forget and order a Sapporo at a Japanese restaurant every once in a while and quickly remember it tastes like garbage.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale (New Belgium Brewing, collaboration with Ben & Jerry/s) - simply godawful.

Haha, I forgot about this one. It was in a New Belgium sampler pack I bought, and was another beer I couldn't finish a single bottle of. I even warned friends not to bother trying it when they saw it in the fridge, although someone must have because they're not there any more and I don't remember throwing them away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In college me and a buddy decided we'd try every cheap beer.
We started with a 12 pack of Texas Pride Extra Light.
We threw away the remaining 10 beers and gave up on our quest.
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
mck414 wrote:
nickag wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Orion Beer could be added to this list, but I did drink a lot of it in Kinville.

I had some Orion when I was in Okinawa a couple of years ago. It was okay-ish, not terrible.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next