Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Teach me on (Shoe) model names
Quote | Reply
Since I can't get the Hyperspeed7 to Europe without a financial disaster, I am currently in the market for a new lightweight tempo shoe, for either up to 10k or a bit heavier for up to 20k
I find it rather difficult to filter out the shoes that are a possibility. Models names are really confusing to me and there is not a single pattern I can see. Like smaller number - less weight, or the letter "c" for carbon (like for some bike brands) or whatever

I ran Mizuno quiet a while, but want to mix up the game with a few other brands to keep my body more busy with different cushions.

For Mizuno it was like: Sayonara, Rider, Aero, Hitogami, Ekiden
Each having less drop and less weight, also compromising on cushion of course.

As looking through the most common brands I really had a hard time finding a shoe for my needs in a efficient way.

So do asics puma adidas and the other big players have a pattern one can rely on?

For the record I was running the Ekiden in races, a pure racing flat. For the new shoe I would love to stay under 200grams ~ 7oz and I am able to run between 0 to 6mm heel toe drop without a problem. So racing flat it shall be again
Thanks for your help!

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: Teach me on (Shoe) model names [Stromlinie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. There is no rhyme nor reason to naming convention outside of the following:
  • Asics GT1000, 2000, and 3000 series shoes.
  • Inov-8s line-up uses weight in grams for each model.

Otherwise, you're on your own.

Just track down a pair of New Balance 1400s and call it a day.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Teach me on (Shoe) model names [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All right! But for asics there is also the ds10, 20,30 etc...I guess I really have to look through all the models to get a descent overview.
Thanks for the quick reply!

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: Teach me on (Shoe) model names [Stromlinie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DS stuff is off in its own la la land.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply