Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rappstar Q&A - Tomorrow in The Woodlands
Quote | Reply
How about getting IM Texas off to a stellar start?

"An Evening With Rappstar"

When: Wednesday April 19th: 5pm-7pm CST
Where: The Rufuge Bar & Bistro (24 Waterway Ave, The Woodlands 77380)

What: We are thrilled to announce Jordan Rapp has agreed to be our guest speaker (read Q&A-style), an evening presented by our friends at Sterling Ridge Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine!

Jordan has experienced the ulitmate highs and lows here in Texas, winning the race in 2012 and also contemplating retirement after a tough DNF during the 2015 race.

Jordan is a father of four young children and all of that was nearly lost during a hit-and-run accident in 2010 when he was left on the side of the road bleeding to death while out on a training ride near his home in Camarillo, California. Thankfully, Jordan was saved by a military serviceman, trained as a first responder, who happened to be driving home from work. He was able to stop the bleeding and stabilize Jordan until help arrived.

Following the accident, Jordan has not only raced, AND WON, multiple Ironman events, but he has also served as an impassioned speaker and writer in an effort to bring awareness to the endurance sporting community at-large to the importance of bicycle safety.

This Q&A with Jordan will be $50 for all guests. Guest admission fee will include a "Welcome to Valhalla" Endurance Conspriracy t-shirt and food and beverages. We are limited for space to 50 guests so please RSVP.

To RSVP please email: valhallaracingteam@gmail.com and let us know your t-shirt size so we can set it aside.

One of Jordan's partners, First Endurance, has already stepped up in a big way with giveaways and we will also raffle off a few high ticket items including a few Slowtwitch Castelli T1 Stealth aero tops.

Come and Enjoy!

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Last edited by: VALHALLA: Apr 18, 17 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar Q&A - Tomorrow in The Woodlands [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting this on. It should be a great Q&A session. Sorry I could not be down in Woodlands. Health is not there yet, but I will come back there eventually. Best of luck on your IM on 9 hrs per week too. If I recall correctly Jordan did his first IM in Penticton off no long rides and a max long run of 2 hrs and came 4th at that event. You could ask him for some tips for your race!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar Q&A - Tomorrow in The Woodlands [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The boys asked about you at dinner last night and if you were coming. Told them we get Steffen, his better half and the dogs instead this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar Q&A - Tomorrow in The Woodlands [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Say hi to the boys. How fast do we have to swim with a wetsuit, fins, paddles and a motor to swim in the same lane these days? I lost track of the entire course, but can you get on it with the motorbike and harass racers this year? Is the swim wetsuit legal?
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar Q&A - Tomorrow in The Woodlands [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev!

Will be a good time having Jordan with us before his week starts heating up. We've got a range of folks coming but Jordan was a big draw.

I'll be the emcee so shoot over any questions you'd like us to ask. Hell, we might as well put the interview on Facebook Live (specific details on that tomorrow).

Re: my own training. One thing is certain, I am not going into the race overtrained:) Looking forward to what will be a challenging day. Isn't it always no matter the approach...

Cheers,
LF

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Re: Rappstar Q&A - Tomorrow in The Woodlands [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang, would have loved to come to this but it's the same night that the Boston Documentary is in the theater (one night only). Y'all have fun.
Quote Reply