Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roller recommendations [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveMc wrote:
Has anyone got experience of the Sportcrafters ones? I'm interested since they offer drums that have resistance (overdrive) and high inertia. So similar to what the Trutrainer ones offer but for a lot less. I like being able to put some effort into the roller sessions.The elite Arion resistance ones are nice but once you have resistance the corresponding inertia means that you have to be careful to always pedal, otherwise the back roller comes to a quick halt.
Sportcrafters are what I ride and use for ALL of my indoor training. Been riding them solely for about two months now after being in an accident and not being released to ride outside. I really like them and recommend them highly. I bought mine before the OverDrive unit came out but bought it and replaced the magnetic resistance unit... it is amazing and a huge upgrade over the old 5 selections. Progressive resistance on rollers! If you don't want resistance, flip the OverDrive and it is a regular roller.

I've not added the high inertia drum, but it sounds like a neat idea... not that I have ever felt the need for it, nor do I plan on buying it. It solves a problem I don't really have.

Customer service with Sportcrafters is amazing... my original frame was rusting out and they sent me a new one. The diameter of the drum, OverDrive unit and customer service are perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Roller recommendations [Mks202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using rollers for years. I tried the kreitler Killer kool fan, but it was making TOO MUCH resistance on my Elite trainer; which forced me to ride on the front chainring and making balance very difficult because of the greatly reduced inertia of the wheels. Regular Elite rollers didn’t have enough resistance (53-11) maxed out at +- 325W; so I bought a new Elite Arion MAG which I LOVE. It doesn’t have the E-motion feature which I would be curious to use; but it match my need and isn’t too expensive.

It reminds me that my KK Rock & roll has been collecting dust for a very long time and I should sell it. I’m in Canada, Montreal
Quote Reply
Re: Roller recommendations [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, very informative.
Quote Reply

Prev Next