Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacement for my Saucony Mirage IV
Quote | Reply
So my Saucony Mirage IV is actively dying a beautiful death. It has given my many miles of happiness and carried me through a number of races. Saucony doesn't make this shoe anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement for this lightweight stability shoe? Did Saucony replace this shoe with a different model?

Secondly, I see Nike doesn't get much love here but does anyone have any experience with the Nike Free RN Motion?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for my Saucony Mirage IV [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you. My Mirage IV and Mirage V are on the verge of dying right now... I tried the Zealot (first version), but it's definitely
In Reply To:
not the same feeling. My next guess is the Freedom, that I haven't tested yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for my Saucony Mirage IV [Bib02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bib02 wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you. My Mirage IV and Mirage V are on the verge of dying right now... I tried the Zealot (first version), but it's definitely
In Reply To:
not the same feeling. My next guess is the Freedom, that I haven't tested yet.

Mirage and Freedom are completely different, Zealot comes in the neighbourhood but still different. Kinvara might be the closest now, if you want to stay with Saucony.

Jeroen
Tri-Run.com

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for my Saucony Mirage IV [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will politely dissent. I found the Freedom to be an excellent replacement for the Mirage, if only because of the Everun material being just supportive enough on its own, the lasting, and the ISO upper.

It's not perfect (few things are), but I felt it superior to a Kinvara.

As always, YMMV.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for my Saucony Mirage IV [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
I will politely dissent. I found the Freedom to be an excellent replacement for the Mirage, if only because of the Everun material being just supportive enough on its own, the lasting, and the ISO upper.

As always, YMMV.

Everybody his opinion, but we disagree on this one :-).

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I previously trained in the Mirage and raced in the Kinvara. I think the Breakthrough may have been a replacement for the Mirage, but I've heard it's nowhere close. I currently train in the Zealot and race in the Kinvara. The Zealot is good, but different. I too, miss the Mirage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss my Mirages. Its too bad when a good shoe is discountinued without a close alternative. I had to find a replacement a year ago and ended up with Brooks Launch. Good luck. David K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm another (former) fan of the Mirage. I've been without since November and have been experimenting with several different brands/models and haven't found one that is 'the one' yet. I have a pair of Zealot being delivered today that I plan to use for longer runs and am breaking in a pair of Kinvara to use for shorter runs and races. I haven't formed an opinion on either of these yet. I tried a pair of Freedom ISO's recently and loved them except that my PF came back after a few runs with them. I was really hoping that they'd work for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement for my Saucony Mirage IV [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

As always, YMMV.

Everybody his opinion, but we disagree on this one :-).
It's been a few years since I ran in Mirages, but I just tested Freedom ISOs and Kinvaras, and I'd also say the Freedom is much different than the Mirage. The Mirage felt relatively hard underfoot, higher durometer. The Kinvara 8 was softer, the Freedom softer yet. But pretty good coefficient of restitution, so not mushy like some other plush shoes. I was looking for a long run shoe, so I bought the Freedoms.

el cabrero
Pure American Naturals
http://www.pureamericannaturals.com/
https://www.facebook.com/PureAmericanNaturals/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved the Mirage. I am now in the Zealot. I find the Kinvara way too squishy. I need a slightly firmer feel. The Mirage had that and a mild posting. The Zealot is far more neutral but with the same drop. And while it lacks the mild posting that the Mirage had the added foam in the arch area acts like a post as you get more tired on longer runs, preventing any foot collapse. They both have nice toes boxes.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I trained in the mirage and raced the fastwitch a couple years ago before trying various Hoka models last year. Now trying to switch back to a more traditional shoe and have been looking for lightweight with stability in the 4-8mm drop range similar to the old Mirage.

I came across the NB Vongo which I like but also recently ordered the Vazee Prism based on the review below thst compares them favorably to the Mirage. Just received the order yesterday and haven't had a chance to try them yet. At around $60 for some colors it's a really cheap option to try and if you are Amazon Prime member can always return if they aren't a good fit.

http://www.runningshoesguru.com/...-vazee-prism-review/
Quote Reply