Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poll- no aquabike?
Quote | Reply
Slow man, why no love for aquabike? Us old guys with battered knees are heading that direction anyway.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Poll- no aquabike? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - if you are the real deal when it comes to endurance, you will eventually turn to aquabike. For most people, running is the first discipline to be given away as you age. At 68 years of age and having experienced every distance over 33 years, there is no reason why I can't keep doing aquabike until I fall off the perch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My last IM was in 2011, now I can barely keep up with my family walking due to a bum knee putting off knee replacement. Aquabikes are my only option to stay in our sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
because if you have bum knees and you can't run, you aren't a part of this poll cohort. (you aren't doing ironman races.)

i love the idea of aquabike and i've got a plan for you guys.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it really running that damage the knees ... or poor run form using the shuffle jog in triathlon races that really caused knee issues? meanwhile many marathoners in their 60s-70s still pushing along.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll- no aquabike? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much bigger group to start out with.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Poll- no aquabike? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still doing Ironman at 62, but just had my second meniscus arthroscopy. So, I do race, I am just looking down the line. If no Ironman, I go to short races and aquabike for longer stuff.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Poll- no aquabike? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably genetics, but my crappy form you pointed out may be part of it- thanks. ;)

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply