Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have to cut yours?
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No cutting it for me. I was planning on cutting it to define the space more, but I liked the way the whole roll looked on my floor so I just kept it that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

used those on mine. love them
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes saw this earlier! Definitely one of my top choices.

Just want to get the rest of the prep done right, I got some good choices and advice, just wish I had a robot to do the work!
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [tri.bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri.bob wrote:
Yukon65006 wrote:
Horse stall matting. 4'x6' costs around 50$ and can take a beating, only drawback is it is heavy. Can use a straightedge and boxcutter to cut to size.

If you have a Tractor Supply around they have some pretty durable mats. As Yukon mentions they are really heavy and some may have a smell for a bit.

They have two sizes....the 4x6 is great for my Kickr/Bike The smaller size (don't remember dimensions) is thinner...but very nice as well. Two of those together work perfect for a treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [tri.bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri.bob wrote:
Yukon65006 wrote:
Horse stall matting. 4'x6' costs around 50$ and can take a beating, only drawback is it is heavy. Can use a straightedge and boxcutter to cut to size.

If you have a Tractor Supply around they have some pretty durable mats. As Yukon mentions they are really heavy and some may have a smell for a bit.

I have read some reviews saying the could stain. Would there be any concern putting these on wood floors and having staining in your opinion?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srev wrote:
Yukon65006 wrote:

This this this. Cheap, durable.

I have read some reviews saying the could stain. Would there be any concern putting these on wood floors and having staining in your opinion?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blainyboy8 wrote:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

used those on mine. love them

Any issues with these staining what is underneath. I would plan to put over wood floors.

Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
tri.bob wrote:
Yukon65006 wrote:

They have two sizes....the 4x6 is great for my Kickr/Bike The smaller size (don't remember dimensions) is thinner...but very nice as well. Two of those together work perfect for a treadmill.

I realize your place is new, but any issues with these staining what is underneath. I would put them on top of wood floors.

Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have them in the garage, so unsure. No staining on the concrete though.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [srev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srev wrote:
Have them in the garage, so unsure. No staining on the concrete though.

I read somewhere about someone talking about Rubber being refined from petroleum and leading to oil stains of sorts but I bumped this thread asking a few people so hopefully someone has some longer term experience with it.

Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Floor Options in Garage [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Just re did a room we installed in it actually. Build a pain cave outside and pulled up the mats from the indoor room so they could put carpet back. Everything was great. If you are concerned though I would lay a cheap of wood floor underlayment over your wood floors.
Quote Reply

Prev Next