Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Rear Hydration Setup
Quote | Reply
Anyone have pictures of their Rear Hydration setup, whether it be 1 bottle, or 2 bottle? And what mount and cage you use!?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Rear Hydration Setup [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a single xlab setup on my old bike, but when I went to the new one my seat was so far fwd it wouldn't fit. I found this tacx for $10 and it looked like it would work so figured what the hell. I love it! Can swap from one bottle to two depending on if racing or training.

https://m.probikekit.com/...-clamp/10772839.html
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Rear Hydration Setup [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how does it deal with bottle launching?? It looks like it's worth a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use zip ties and a gorilla cage. Haven't lost a bottle yet!

Because weight is everything! -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sporting the the tacx also. Launching depending much on the cage used, so that's up to you since no cage is provided. Made it work also on Adamo tt saddle (with the hook). Using gorilla cage,so no launching.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an XLab Delta with Gorilla cage and an Aero Pouch as my single race set up.

For my training rides I swap out a Specialized Reserve Rack 2, with Xlab Gorilla cages. Never lost a bottle and fits super clean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My rear hydration set up is very simple. A single specialized rib cage mounted with a single bolt screwed into a hole in my Koobi saddle. The saddle has an existing mount hole for their proprietary hydration module... that I never bought. The lower end of the cage has a notch that cradles the seat post and therefore doesn't pivot on the bolt from side to side. Very stable and I've never launched a bottle. It wouldn't work with two bottles, but I prefer the single anyway.
Last edited by: stomponafrog: Apr 17, 17 4:13
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Rear Hydration Setup [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Sporting the the tacx also. Launching depending much on the cage used, so that's up to you since no cage is provided. Made it work also on Adamo tt saddle (with the hook). Using gorilla cage,so no launching.

Can you share photos of that? Have a profile designs FC25 BTA as my main, but would like a non-downtube option for on the course replacement bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fits a can of pitstop in the centre that secures with a Velcro strap. Custom to suit my seatpost (Exocet). Can take 1, 2 or 3 cages :

Mounts on these that fit the rear seat mount holes :

Training mode :

Hopefully it will soon have a small custom Yanco tool bag under it soon :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Rear Hydration Setup [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here ya go, this is one cage, MD setup.

Before I forget.....after I found the right angle I used extra strong glue and a self lock screw nut on the joint. Also use the mountpart from an old profile which seemed a little stronger. But I'm a little overthinking things sometimes.

-shoki
Last edited by: shoki: Apr 17, 17 5:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks - is the hook still usable or is that a no go (it doesn't look like it is, but maybe I'm wrong)? I'm wondering if there's a more permanent/destructive (e.g., drilling a hole in the hook part of the seat) that would allow for both mounting a cage back there and still being able to use the hook.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Rear Hydration Setup [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can still rack it there but it won't hang on the hook but on the carrier itself. Don't know if the material of the hook is that strong to mount a cage there, doubt it.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorilla Cage and zipp ties.

Last edited by: captain-dan76: Apr 17, 17 11:49
Quote Reply