Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

whoops
Quote | Reply
had a can of spray foam insulation backfire on me. covered my hands. superglue comes off easier. an entire bottle of nail polish remover barely made a dent. nasty stuff.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, good luck getting that off. It is some nasty stuff. That must stink getting it all over your hands like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i used that to fill the voids in the speaker pods in my jeep...damn. that stuff sticks hard to everything.
good luck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
had a can of spray foam insulation backfire on me. covered my hands. superglue comes off easier. an entire bottle of nail polish remover barely made a dent. nasty stuff.

Did you type this post with your elbows or toes?
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Did you type this post with your elbows or toes?

No my hands are dry and functional. i just have patches of a thin dirty yellow film on them. it looks disgusting. i hate having dirty hands.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did that once, can't remember how I got it off. Ever since then I've worn latex gloves.
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of those fell off the back of a pick up truck and my wife ran it over . She was on the way home from the dealership ... in our brand new car. Got all over the fender well , driver door and rocker. Never came off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine if you shoved a can of that...

...never mind.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I once made the mistake of using that stuff without gloves. Once.

Hoping the directions would include some helpful information about how to remove it, I'll never forget what it said:

"Application on skin must be removed mechanically"

Mechanically?!?

I was picking that crap off my hands for weeks - it's nasty stuff indeed.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Last edited by: Hydro: Apr 16, 17 15:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried some TLC with a pumice stone in the shower? That tends to work well on the most stubborn of adhesives. Can't remember the last time I had spray foam on my hands, but PL Premium adhesive or BlueSkin comes off with some hard scrubbing (and those products are about as sticky as they come).

Tip with spray foam: When they say only fill the void 1/3rd full, they really mean it :). Also just never touch it until it dries, then it's easy to cut/scrape away the excess.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, acetone only works before it cures.

I never wear gloves as I find it makes it worse. If you have anything on them, you can't feel it and end up spreading that shit everywhere.

Im pretty sure that I once bought an expanding foam that was made in the US (Im in Oz) that had a cleaner available that did work after it had cured.
Let me see what I can find.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gas?

Used some black spray foam made to fill in the gaps around rocks in a water feature. There was some that was hardened floating in the water and I picked it up. Except it just looked hardened and was all nice, fluffy, and soft. Only thing that would touch it was gas and hard scrubbing.

The good news is skin replaces itself every 35 days.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used that stuff a few weeks ago. Fully prepared myself with glasses, gloves, hat etc.

The area that I was insulating was in a hard to see/reach space under a shower. So, I put the can down, and get on my hands and knees to peak under the space where I'm filling the insulation. I need to remove my hat to get a better look with a flashlight. Well, my head brushes up against the can and I got that stuff all in my hair.

My wife ended up giving me a short haircut shortly after.
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha. There is no escaping the spray insulation if it wants to get you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought it was mousse.

Quote Reply
Re: whoops [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw man, that is awful and awesome at the same time. That must really, really suck!
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit that is all kinds of awesome.

Quote Reply
Re: whoops [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got it all off!! first i scraped some off with a knife. carefully! got some off but not good enough. then i came up with a plan that worked beautifully....put on nitrile gloves, go for a run. hands sweat a disgusting amount. then take a shower and it wipes off easily with a fingernail brush. easy peasy!

i would claim to be a genius for coming up with that but if i were a genius, i would have been wearing the gloves in the first place

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Check out the big brain on veganerd!"

Well done, good sir.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
got it all off!! first i scraped some off with a knife. carefully! got some off but not good enough. then i came up with a plan that worked beautifully....put on nitrile gloves, go for a run. hands sweat a disgusting amount. then take a shower and it wipes off easily with a fingernail brush. easy peasy!

i would claim to be a genius for coming up with that but if i were a genius, i would have been wearing the gloves in the first place

Take that shit to the tri forum!
Quote Reply
Re: whoops [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Take that shit to the tri forum!

i was waiting for that.

also, if you ever want to look and feel like a complete crazy idiot, go for a run wearing shorts, no shirt, and bright blue doctors gloves

Quote Reply