Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where does this spacer thing go? (GXP crank)
Quote | Reply
OK so after a long and drawn out battle with a problem with my eccentric bottom bracket on a Cannondale tandem, I am trying to put the crank/bottom bracket back together. I have this aluminum spacer "left over":

I tried putting it in outside the bottom bracket, with the skinny side facing in toward the bike, but then when I tightened the crank arm on, the crank became hard to turn. Does it go on before or after the bottom bracket? Skinny side in or out? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Where does this spacer thing go? (GXP crank) [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before the BB. The step down in the axle butts up against the thick part of the reducer shim
Quote Reply
Re: Where does this spacer thing go? (GXP crank) [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boom! Thank you!!!! Really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Where does this spacer thing go? (GXP crank) [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2wheels wrote:
OK so after a long and drawn out battle with a problem with my eccentric bottom bracket on a Cannondale tandem, I am trying to put the crank/bottom bracket back together. I have this aluminum spacer "left over":

I tried putting it in outside the bottom bracket, with the skinny side facing in toward the bike, but then when I tightened the crank arm on, the crank became hard to turn. Does it go on before or after the bottom bracket? Skinny side in or out? Thanks.

Try taking the picture as you pull it apart instead of later when you are posting online trying to remember........
Quote Reply