Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help-need shimano Junction B wiring harness from old 7900 series Di2
Quote | Reply
tested everything I can and problem seems to be to rear derailleur feed out of Junction B connector -extension cable/derailleur is good and rest of bike and shifting work good so this is all I can figure out after many many hours. Anybody got one to spare?? I have attempted to attach a pic. Anyway it is little connector box out of old 7900 series Di2 has 4 wires with plugs/connectors coming out of it that hooks rear derailleur, front derailleur, battery and front end shifters. Happy to pay for part , for shipping but have hunted web and no one seems to have part so someone's spare parts pile may be only solution. dviney7@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help-need shimano Junction B wiring harness from old 7900 series Di2 [old man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given that this should have been assembled into the rest of the harness with glued heatshrink, I think you'll be lucky to find one second hand unfortunately. Unusually, Shimano dropped support for 7970 within 3 years (with the switch to E tube harnesses) which is why parts are scarce.

As yours appears not to have been heatshrinked, I'd give all the connectors a good inspection and spray with contact cleaner.

I have 2 bikes with 7970 and internal cable routing and if it fails I will just keep the parts as spares for the other bike and get current Ultegra Di2 to replace it.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Help-need shimano Junction B wiring harness from old 7900 series Di2 [old man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
old man wrote:
tested everything I can and problem seems to be to rear derailleur feed out of Junction B connector -extension cable/derailleur is good and rest of bike and shifting work good so this is all I can figure out after many many hours. Anybody got one to spare?? I have attempted to attach a pic. Anyway it is little connector box out of old 7900 series Di2 has 4 wires with plugs/connectors coming out of it that hooks rear derailleur, front derailleur, battery and front end shifters. Happy to pay for part , for shipping but have hunted web and no one seems to have part so someone's spare parts pile may be only solution. dviney7@gmail.com

There are a lot of the 7970 rear harnesses available on the market new. Since the 7970 system is "dumb" you can cut and solder any connection. So you could use the external harness with the Junction mount cut down and then cut off the external battery mount and solder on the internal plug from your old harness.

If this isn't your kind of project you can check with the eBay seller that offers 7970 internal batteries and see if he can help you with soldering up a new internal harness from the external harness parts.
Quote Reply
Re: Help-need shimano Junction B wiring harness from old 7900 series Di2 [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a new never used wiring harness on the German eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/...id=p3984.m1558.l2649.

Just make a reasonable offer and I will send it to you.

Cheers

Stefan
Quote Reply
Re: Help-need shimano Junction B wiring harness from old 7900 series Di2 [Steve560] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve560 wrote:
Hi,

I have a new never used wiring harness on the German eBay.

http://www.ebay.de/...id=p3984.m1558.l2649.

Just make a reasonable offer and I will send it to you.

Cheers

Stefan

You should respond to the OP that is looking for a harness. I believe what you have is the TT/Tri cockpit front harness and the OP is looking for is the Rear Internal harness.
Quote Reply